46 and need to loose 45 lb.. friends needed :o)

Options
13»

Replies

• kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have about 30 possibly 35 lbs to loose(not sure if 30 is enough) anyone feel free to add me !
  • Delilahdoo
    Delilahdoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Been at it for 5 months and have lost 50 lbs so far. Still needing to lose another 40. It hasn't been easy but determination is my friend. I'm happy to be a supportive friend to anyone interested. I'm on here frequently. Good luck to everyone on your journey. May you be successful.
  • markducote1
    markducote1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 35 years young, have two children, and need to lose about 30-35 lbs. I did use this site and was successful about a year ago and then I started back to my old habits. I am looking forward to starting again. If you would like to friend me that would be fine. It is much easier to lose weight when you have people going through the same things to talk to. :flowerforyou:

Erin
  • velvetwing69
    Options
    Im 44 and a new grandmama too! We all need support. Im starting the new year with a new attitude and hopefully new friends on here.... please add me :)
  • nickyob03
    nickyob03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 and am back on MFP for round two!! I need to lose 20 pounds but sometimes lack the motivation and energy. I am a single mother with a fifteen year old daughter, a full time, stressful career, and another challenging part-time job. I am tired of not fitting into my clothes, not liking how I look, and not doing anything about it!!! Now is the time and the only person that can take care of you is YOU!! Please add me me to your friend list : )!
  • merryhooves
    merryhooves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    57 and 30 pounds to lose. I, too, would like to be added to your group to both give, and receive support.
  • SirPip
    Options
    I will join you on your quest! My wife and I are both on the same journey...I'm down 12-lbs in 3-weeks, and working on 35 more. I'm 45...so, the age makes it challenging, but, worth it!
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am also 46! I have lost 55 pounds so far....5 before joining fitness pal! I too had my first grandchild! He was born a year ago. I only have a few pounds left to lose but will be on here for a long time maintaining!! Add me if you would like!
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's and very supportive do add me as a friend if you would like I have around similar amount to lose but i love vegetables:-)
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Im so tired of waking up feeling bloated and blaaa but yet still hungry.. I had my first grand baby in june 2013 and have another due feb 2014.. I want pictures of me and them but at the moment i run when the camera comes out unless its me taking the pictures.. i feel so horrible about myself.. i also have a vac to bahamas in march 2014 (husband won this trip with his job!!) I really want to be able to feel good about myself by the pool etc.. I NEED THIS!!
    my main problem is i really dislike vegetables .. i mean REALLY DISLIKE.. only way i can really get to eat them is to make a big pot of soup and then liquidise it lol guess thats what i need to do.. I plan on starting this journey jan 1st

WHO WANTS TO JOING ME SO WE CAN GIVE EACH OTHER ENCOURAGEMENT!!

Away we go! I'm around a lot. and love to give encouragement. Like Rob, I want friends who stay active and communicate as well - with that said, feel free to add me. I'm in my 50's and need to drop the 40 lbs + as well. 2 college age daughters and work full time. Ann
  • emberlea1
    emberlea1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 40 and the mom of an 18 year old son and three lovely dog companions. I am a vegan/vegetarian and I understand your adverse reaction to veggies. I suggest starting out with the ones you really like, then add in a new veggie each week. Try that new veggie cooked or raw, but at least try the new one in a few different way. As you go along, you will notice that you like veggies!!! I eat primarily veggies, cut way down on fruit and grains, with beans. There are many wonderful recipes out there, go wild!!
  • Mouthy1
    Options
    Hi! I am a 56F who needs to lose 50 lbs. I am a junk food eater. I work from home and try not to eat constantly, I am trying to get to the gym 3 days a week to start. Here's to everyone off to a good start!!! We can help each other :).
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    44 here with my first grandbaby due in June...I am sooo with you a pics. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm with you on the dislike of veggies and I'm trying to remedy that. In the mean time, I've been finding success just looking solely at calories. Like I said...I'm trying to evolve and become a lover of the green...but 'till then, the calorie game is paying dividends. Good luck to you, you can do it! :smile:
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    5 months and 50 lbs - wonderful!
    Been at it for 5 months and have lost 50 lbs so far. Still needing to lose another 40. It hasn't been easy but determination is my friend. I'm happy to be a supportive friend to anyone interested. I'm on here frequently. Good luck to everyone on your journey. May you be successful.
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am right with you! This seems like a thread that I have a lot in common with. Feel free to add me (please let me know where you found me)

Cheers
  • carazyg
    carazyg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I literally started TODAY! As in right now, today! When I logged my food consumption, it shocked me into reality. There is no time like the present to get things done. I'm not waiting! I'm 26 and looking to lose about 48 pounds. I have no excuses for my weight: no children, no stress, nothing but plain and simple laziness and lack of control. But, with some support we can both achieve our goals! Good luck to you!
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 46 too!

I totally get the feeling bloated and blah feeling. I felt that way in August before I changed my nutrition. In August, I quit eating processed foods,refined sugar, gluten and began to make everything I ate. (Unless we went out to dinner.)

In 2010, I lost 25 lbs just counting calories and cutting back on my portions. Unfortunately, all the processed foods and sugar turned against me and I no longer could lose weight even with calorie deficits. I actually gained 15 lbs back. At this stage in my life, it is not how much I eat...it is WHAT I eat.

I have TONS of recipes which has made eating more "clean" easier. I also workout about 5 times a week. For the first time in years, my hormones are balanced and the fat is burning away. :) I have lost 13 llbs since August. Not alot but I have lost 10 lbs of fat and gained muscle. My clothes feel awesome. I feel awesome...no longer bloated and depressed.

Add me if you want! I log in everyday and my diary is open to friends. Like I said, I make mostly everything I eat...so I am happy to provide my recipes. Turkey sausage; protein pancakes; chicken curry; Mongolian beef; turkey meatballs....pumpkins bars....just to name a few!

I don't have alot of lbs to lose...but I do have about 10% body fat to lose.

PS: I have a hard time eating veggies as well. Lettuce and tomatoes are about it for me. I don't mind eating veggies when we go out...but I won't make anything but a salad at home.