Exercise at Work?

Options
There are a 2 days a week that from 6am - 10pm I'm constantly on the move as far as work and running kids to events. These days it's hard for me to fit my workouts in.

I'm looking for some things I can do throughout the day at my desk (or in the bathroom stall) to get in as much exercise as possible.

Here's what I have so far:
-- Squats
-- Lunges
-- Desk Pushups
-- Stair Climbing

Any other suggestions?

Kara

Replies

• frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've done the bathrooom stall exercise thing. I tried to do the 30 day squat challenge - but it was too much too soon and around the day to do 185 squats my knee started giving me problems. I'd like to get back to that to on a smaller scale. Good luck - it's a great idea. ~ Terri
  • eugovogue
    Options
    I do jumping jacks in the bathroom, as well as squats.

Really you can do anything. I might start doing planks and sit ups if I can find a way to not look silly writhing around on my office floor.

I also get up and take walks--either around the block or to the farthest bathroom possible.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I always take the stairs. can you walk? either outside or in. I try to get up every hour j and walk for 5 min at least
  • perkins_jerryw
    perkins_jerryw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Park at the business next door. In my case the only free parking is two blocks down. it promotes bringing my lunch to work (instead of going out) and a light walk to and from the car each day.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If I could find some place to park that was reasonable and made me walk a bit, I would probably do that as well but so far no luck - I get in to the office so early that I get a huge break on the rate when I drive. When I take the train, I do walk several blocks to and from work. Even when I bring my lunch, I work on getting out and walking some just to get moving. I'm lucky enough currently to have an office so I'm working on getting some routine during the day when I can. You can also do a variety of kicks standing, An exercise I learned because its easier on my hip, is standing toe touches - really hard to describe in a message but basically, its hand to toe (or as close as you can go) from a standing position - watch your posture but I actually learned this one from a Jillian Michaels video and it works. Do a couple of sets of 10-12 or more depending on your fitness. Do you have a chair that you could use to do tricep dips with (hopefully that makes sense).

Actually this has given me some good ideas - thanks!
  • luvhaleiwa
    luvhaleiwa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips - I'm going to try to get as much exercise in on these days as possible and all of these things are sure to help!

Kara
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    check out Body By You and You Are Your Own Gym (which has a $2 app)...oh, and Nerdfitness.com all of which start with body weight resistsance. I have a cubicle at work where I can do planks and such. I try to use the restroom upstairs. I try to practice belly rolls (like from belly dancing) while on hold/while driving.

People can be So creative! I love the responses you are getting!!!
  • luvhaleiwa
    luvhaleiwa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to check these things out right now!

Kara
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I simulate jump roping (going through the motions without the rope) as well as jumping jacks in the bathroom as well. I do stair climbs, lunges, squats, too. Infrequently I will use my lower desk to do tricep dips. Standing leg lifts are also pretty easy to do. In the bathroom sometimes I will also do standing Pike crunches or punches.