From the mouth of babes

Options
Hi Everyone

After a comment from my 9 year old today asking if I am ever going to loose my pregnant belly, i have decided to take the plunge.

I really need to shift some weight and I give all of you permission to kick my backside into doing this....................please help lol

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My youngest is turning 10 this week and i'm trying to do the same thing! Friend me and we'll do it together!
  • SLMiddleton
    Options
    ah yes - I have a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old, and they too sparked my desire to lose weight. Just a few of the things I heard included:
    "when I grow up I want to be fat just like Mommy and Daddy"...or... my daughter saying to my son "we are the only skinny people in this house"...ah they are so brutally honest! lol :)
    But those things gave me the kick in the butt that I needed to get myself going and they are my biggest supporters, they have even given up eating at places like McDonald's because they know its 'not healthy for Mommy', so they now choose subway instead. They are also my weekly weigh in cheear team and get super excited when I have good news to share.

I love them and I love that they are proud of me! Good luck - make them proud!
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    You'll do it! Friend me..I have tons of support to give!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    *smacks you up side the head*

get to it then.

:D

haha.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need the brutal honesty of children to see things clearly.
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! :)
  • kell1977
    Options
    Thanks ladies, can you tell me how to add friends please???
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't have any children but I once offered a 7 year old girl a soda and she insisted she should have a diet soda and went on to describe her skinny growing frame as fat. It was upsetting. I remember feeling fat as early as grade 4 or 5 and I see pictures of myself and I was a skinny kid. My dad used to have a graph on the fridge of his weight and my family has always been critical when one of us is too heavy. It is crazy how much kids obsess about weight... we all remember 'yo mama is so fat..' jokes.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, can you tell me how to add friends please???

Click on people's names to go to their profile and there will be a button that says "add as friend."
  • kell1977
    Options
    Thank you xx
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Kids are definately brutally honest, the good thing about that is when you do lose weight they can tell!!! And they will tell you. My two definately have. I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old. They say "mommy you look so skinny" Im of course far from skinny but it feels really good that they notice.:) I mean lets face it, they dont notice their clothes or toys all over the floor, but they noticed that I lost a few pounds. LOL... Feel free to add me as a friend too. Good luck on your journey, there are lots of encouraging people on here. Their great motivation. My advice, stick to the calorie counting in the beginning, it really works. Count each and every thing you eat. This site is awesome for that. Do a little excercise and the pounds will just melt away...
  • Miles2Go
    Miles2Go Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nothing like brutal honesty to get fire going.

Welcome to the gang.
  • peales23
    Options
    It's not even from the mouths of babes. My 17 year old son saw a picture of me in a bikini from 10 years ago, and he said to me "who's that?" It was then that I realized that my son only knew me as a fat mom.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Got to love them. This is a great site, lots of support. Feel free to add me as a friend