Newbie here

Options
I'm a newbie here, as well as to online forum posting, so I'm not sure what to say.

My name is Becca, I'm 24 years old and I'm looking to lose 55lbs total.

I have been looking around at dvds / programs but haven't really found any I like, or with good reviews, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had surgery a while back, about three years ago, on my arm. I broke my arm in 18 different places, pretty much liquifying my arm, which resulted in having to have metal rods put in my arm to pretty much hold it together. I also injured my knee, which resulted in me not being very physical for 8 months. Now, I am able to lift about 10lbs with my arm with no problem, before it was hurting quite a bit, putting pressure on it, pretty much anything hurt.

So, I'm looking for friends, support, and suggestions :)

(Hope I did well on my first forum post >.<)

Replies

• djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Welcome, been here for about 30 to 40 days, we have about the same left to lose, count me in to help!
  • Topcott1
    Options
    Jeez that sounds sooo painful!
    I am in the same boat, new person not quite sure what to say on my first post! haha! (joined literally about half an hour ago!)

Anyways I wish you luck!! :D
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - good luck on here! MFP is a good site with a lot of information. Of course, most of it is mutual so don't use it as the bible of fitness and weight loss. That said, use your judgement and process of elimination and enjoy the friends you make. Motivation can be great with a good FL!! Sorry about your arm - hope you are able to work with it!
  • xpinkrockrx
    xpinkrockrx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    MFP is AWESOME! You just gotta read everything you can, and make sure you log your food intake and you WILL get results. Just stick with it ;)
  • jimv50
    Options
    Welcome Alindra and I hope that you reach your target weight in a healthy and enjoyable manner.
    I know it won't be easy a lot of the time but the greatest motivator is yourself.
    We'll all be here to help you along with way in any way we can.
    I too suffered a very bad accident many years ago and was told to avoid any impact exercise such as running and jogging.
    I learnt to love cycling and swimming, great for being easy on my knees, both of which I dislocated, now I just do walking and horse riding when the weather permits.
    If you access to, or the space for, a Concept 2 type rowing machine then try one out, it will teach you to give your body an all round going over, similar to swimming, without straining arms or legs.
    Oh. and get yourself a Fitbit monitor and see a dietican for a personal diet program that suits your aims and tastes.

Good luck and hope to see some good photos in a year.
    Jim
  • kleigh712
    Options
    Hi there!! I'm new to posting in forums. I never know what to say!! LOL. Started using MFP about a month or so ago for tracking purposes. I just finished my first week of TurboFire and lost a couple of pounds. Yay!! I'd like to lose about 40 more pounds overall. I start out very motivated but then sputter out. So I'm looking for motivation and support and thought the forums might be a good place to start. Good luck and please add me as a friend if you'd like. :-)