Anyone planning on pigging out today and tomorrow?

Options
2»

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    im starting my new years resolutions today instead of wed
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope...this week is back to normal and we're not doing anything tomorrow night. :happy:

Had my fun last week. :drinker:
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My tradition is to have a milkshake at midnight but I'm going to budget that in for the day. :)

I like that....think I'll start borrow that idea and start incorporating that into my traditions!
  • tracywintn
    Options
    No
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    not realy but tomorow night after the gym im planing on getting wrecked if that counts
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Nahh starting back at it today
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    As I read this I'm indulging in one of my favorite lunches … a can of tuna mixed with 1/2T each canola mayo, sour cream, and sweet relish, and a serving of wheat thins. I love it because it's filling, tastes creamy and savory, has that satisfying crunch, and lots of protein, all for about 300 calories. :laugh:

Thinking of taking the family to IHOP tonight to use the gift card we got for Christmas. And I may open the box of chocolates I bought on Christmas clearance.

Do those count as pigging out? I may or may not exercise today, but if not, I will for sure tomorrow. I might be a over maintenance calories, too. But the ice cream will still be in my freezer on Jan 2 (or I'll buy more if the kids have eaten it all) and I'm sure I'll be buying a few chocolate goodies over the next few months.

It's an ongoing process. I may be "recommitting" for the new year (although I really started the logging again Saturday) but I'm not saying goodbye to an old life or anything, so I don't need to eat now while I can, because I always have the option of indulging in moderation.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am going to drink a lot of tea.

Live fast, die young.
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got back to MFP today, after what ended up being a 6-month break. I've figured out before that I have to restart things gradually or I give up on day 2, so here's my plan: eat/drink whatever I feel like eating tomorrow, and don't start logging food until the new year. Meanwhile, I'm getting started on excercising and making a training plan, while loving the post-workout feel-good rush after the spinning class I just came home from.
  • fingertipsofsteel
    Options
    Yup .. Because ONE meal or binge doesn't suddenly make you a porker! ... you have to LIVE your life!.. and i'm living mine with a chinese meal and some beers with my girl to see the new year in....
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with you on this.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    if by "pigging out" you mean "getting shcwasty" :drinker:

but for real, no, I've had enough over-indulgence over Christmas! Time to get back on track as much as possible
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Nope! I've found I can't pig out anymore even if I wanted to...

THIS!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm having all of the eggnog!
  • xonicxo
    Options
    Pigged out yesterday and had an awful stomach ache all night. Pigging out tomorrow night, then it's back to clean eating.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hell ya I am!

Steak on the grill with 3 lbs of King Crab. Washed down with some beer.

Happy New Years!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    It never even crossed my mind! This kind of mentality is health & fitness setup for failure for me! Have some ice cream. Have some on the 3rd. Have some whenever you want to have some - it's balance and portion size that counts! Don't tell yourself it's OK to "pig out" and start a "diet" on the 1st. This is why so many people go back to their old habits - self-deprivation doesn't work. Diets don't work. Changing how you think about food works. I'm not trying to sound b*tchy - I just don't want to see you 5 lbs heavier in a few days from chowing down on cheese puffs and ice cream and then being hard on yourself! I;ve been there, done that!

I plan on a nice dinner with hubby and friends and wine. And Champagne! It's indulging sure, but it's a special night - not a lifestyle. :drinker: :smile:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Oh, I plan on eating a ton of oysters tomorrow...going down to the oyster house and then onto Beale Street to ring in the New Year.....and I have no plans on logging any of it lol....But I am running tomorrow morning....and on Thrusday...but that was already planned too lol.

ETA: ....and on Wednesday lol
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It never even crossed my mind! This kind of mentality is health & fitness setup for failure for me! Have some ice cream. Have some on the 3rd. Have some whenever you want to have some - it's balance and portion size that counts! Don't tell yourself it's OK to "pig out" and start a "diet" on the 1st. This is why so many people go back to their old habits - self-deprivation doesn't work. Diets don't work. Changing how you think about food works. I'm not trying to sound b*tchy - I just don't want to see you 5 lbs heavier in a few days from chowing down on cheese puffs and ice cream and then being hard on yourself! I;ve been there, done that!

I plan on a nice dinner with hubby and friends and wine. And Champagne! It's indulging sure, but it's a special night - not a lifestyle. :drinker: :smile:

+1
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am going to have some snacks new years eve, and my boyfriends birthday is New Years day so there will be cake, but im going to try to have some self-control. I have an appetite like a lumberjack and have been eating like a total cow lately. I never deprive myself of food I like. I will be having some drinks for sure!