what foods (not so healthy) you just cannot live with out??

Options
2»

Replies

• April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Beer and Potatoes :love:
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Sugar for my tea
    BBQ sauce
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, there is so much junk I haven't been able to give up. It's all about moderation.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell! I know it's not good for me but I would die without it. I had Taco Bell Friday, Saturday, and Sunday last week. My stomach is making me pay for it today though.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Booze booze booze!
  • elmr34
    elmr34 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I would never give it up. I save ~150 calories for it every day so I can eat 1/2 cup of light ice cream. As long as I do this instead of buying ice cream from a frozen yogurt place (because the portions there are HUGE) I'm fine. It fits my macros so I don't even consider it unhealthy...
  • JCL129
    Options
    Coffee with half & half, Italian sweet cream and equal. I could actually leave off the equal, but I have to "act" like I'm trying, right? LOL!! This is my go-to drink in the morning. I'm cutting it down to only one cup per day....but it has been hard trying to give it up completely.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Overall I don’t have too many…
    1st on the list is Ice Cream, plain vanilla/vanilla bean, Lord help me if I start that. Ice Cream to me is like heroin to a junkie…
    2nd would be cookies, Double stuff Oreos and or Chocolate Chip… It doesn’t help that I make some of the world’s best CC cookies with dark chocolate and white chocolate chips, I’m safe as long as I don’t get the urge to make them for someone else!
    3rd would be Moms mashed potatoes and gravy and followed closely by dumplings. Thankfully I’m only tempted on the holidays but this past Christmas I beat temptation and stayed away from the taters and gravy and passed on the holiday deserts. Definitely a first for me!
  • amywinzer9
    Options
    WINE in a big way!!
    But also cheese and lightly salted Kettle Crisps!
  • vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BBQ Ribs and Brisket, mashed potatoes with lots of butter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!
    I am completely addicted to cheese. Can't beat a good, mature English cheddar.

I know it's bad for me, but I cannot and will not give it up!

Cheese isn't bad for you. It's got fat, protein, calcium, and various micronutrients. I easily fit cheese into my food every day.

The only "problem" with cheese is that it is somewhat high in calories (especially the good stuff) which makes it easy to overeat if you don't watch your portion sizes.

ETA: To clarify a little, cheese is not bad for you unless you are lactose intolerant or have other medical issues that make it something you need to avoid.

I was thinking much the same thing re: cheese.

I love cheese. Especially sharp and/or smoked cheddar, and mozzarella!

I also really like chocolate, caramel, and most types of frosting or icing. I eat chocolate at least weekly but only have frosting occasionally...not even monthly.

Condiments can be a weakness for me...southwest chipotle sauce or dressing, Sriracha mixed with mayo & chili sauce...mustards...it would be nice to take to plain sandwiches & salads like I've gone to dry toast (for example) but alas, it is not to be.

Most of the foods I love are fairly healthy (fruit, seafood/fish, spinach, nuts, eggs, tortillas) so it's more a matter of choosing carefully and watching portions than avoiding them completely.
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hazelnut or vanilla soy lattes. Sometimes i make them at home with my keurig but its still a crap ton of sugar.
    chocolate for sure. Once a month i have a gooey chocolate brownie with peanut butter frosting from a local vegan bakery no guilt allowed.
    Feta egg white wraps from starbucks.
    mixed chinese veggies and bean curd veggie soup from my fave chinese place. It would seem healthy but god knows what they sauce those veggies with. possibly pure fat lol.
  • HMDurham005
    Options
    Two things...chocolate and sushi ooooh, or maybe chocolate sushi...is there such a thing? Anyhoo, I have to have sushi at least once a week and it's not always the healthy sushi either. :(
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    Ihop buttermilk pancakes and Friendly's chocolate chip pancakes
  • Haskin_Fuzernick
    Haskin_Fuzernick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

Yup. Speaking of which, I need a refill.
  • Haskin_Fuzernick
    Haskin_Fuzernick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ... or maybe chocolate sushi...

I always wondered how I could do a fast for any length of time. Now I know. Just think of chocolate sushi and all desire to eat goes out the window.

Aack! Shiver.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ihop buttermilk pancakes and Friendly's chocolate chip pancakes

ooh and IHOP pumpkin pancakes...so good
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    chocolate and wine