Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you over indulge this year? Come in!....

2»

Replies

• framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    I over indulged... A LOT. Just as many of my MFP friends did so you're not alone! I logged it all and plan to get right on track after New Years :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Well this thread makes me feel better. I wouldnt say i went over THAT much. Just a few days maybe over 1000 cals. But scale is up 6 lbs. I know most of it is water weight though so im not TOO worried but i'm ready to just refocus & get back at it after New Years celebrations.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Yeah.

I knew the last 3 or so weeks of December were going to be REALLY tough. Deadly combo of numerous holiday parties/lunches/get-togethers with friends and their kids/etc, 4 days of traveling for work with limited food choices and no gym access from the 17th-20th, Christmas itself (including MASSIVE baking with the kids the day before and 4 family meals over 2 days), then leftovers, and lop a bad head cold on top of all of it. I decided beforehand to just set my goal to maintenance for a few weeks and just try really hard not to gain more than that inevitable bit of water weight. Figured setting myself back 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things was NBD, and if I kept it reasonable and kept logging and stuck to my normal goal/gym routine on the days I could I could really minimize the damage. Well, things got a bit out of control, and I didn't even end up logging all last week (usually I log even the worst days...I just couldn't keep track with all the nibbles and tastes and other people's recipes and stuff).

Today, I'm up 9 pounds from where I was 3 weeks ago :ohwell: . I know a good bit is water weight, but I certainly gained a few pounds of fat. But, back to it today!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Oh I feel great now!

So many threads since I joined in July with people ( including myself ) saying " Oh just Christmas day, that's it. It doesn't mean you get to indulge all throughout December! " and I agreed! But, *kitten* happens.

However, it has made me realise more than ever that I wont let my weight come back lightly again. I was aware of every mouthful and very concious of the fact that I would gain, and I cared. Whereas before I knew it, but didn't care enough to help myself.

So I'm hoping I will be back to where I was by February 1st. And if I'm not? Then I will be there a few weeks later, no big deal. I have an image of me wearing shorts for the first summer in my life and its too good NOT to achieve.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I must have...or I can't explain why I have not lost even a single oz...:(
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    I weighed myself today & I put on 7lbs since December 10th when I last weighed. I had a lot of feasting days in the lead up to Christmas, day itself plus a few days after so I was not surprised & think it is quite a bit is water anyway as I ate a lot of sodium high foods that I usually don't. Anyway, I really enjoyed everything I ate including the multiple chocolate breakfasts :love: so not feeling too bad but the fact I have a beach holiday in less than 2 weeks isn't the best timing . Resumed work outs and normal eating as of this morning & sure that I will be be feeling pretty much back to normal by the time I go (shall be upping the workouts for these next 11days!!)
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    I've been eating poorly the last three days especially. I did exercise today but ended up eating a junk food meal :/ I blame lack of sleep and chocolate, chocolate is my ultimate downfall.

OP as long as you don't get upset by it and know you can work it off, you're good!!
  • Even more scary to me is the fact that I actually considered purging (throwing up) all of the chocolate I ate last night. I had to tell myself, convince myself, repeatedly that I will NEVER do that, I do NOT want to develop any eating disorder. But I'm really scared that I even considered it.
    I had the same thought pass through my mind, I was feeling quite sick from overeating and thought it'd be so easy just to actually make myself sick, but I didn't.
    However, I have overate for the past 6 days, put on about 7lbs.. and Aunt-Flo came to visit me today too. :sad:
    I continued exercising, bar Christmas Day, and I was supposed to get myself back on track today, but ultimately it went a bit pear shaped, trying to keep a bit of a curb on it though. I won't be starting January off track, that's for sure.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    I gained five and it was gone by this morning. It's only glycogen and water - that all burns off quickly when you're in a deficit. Just get back to your regularly scheduled program and all will be well.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I've had a few bad days but nothing too crazy over maintainence. I had a month off from logging food due to an away from home nursing placement (was too busy to care about food). I went a bit crazy and gained 2kg. Other than that I have only had my birthday and Christmas day off.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    I have turned into an eating machine, I appear to be on a ten day binge so far and have gained the 7lbs it took me three months to shift!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    eh - I was only like 300 over on xmas and xmas eve…rest of the time I pretty much hit maintenance…but I chose december as month to increase my calories out of the aggressive cut that I had been doing...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I have turned into an eating machine, I appear to be on a ten day binge so far and have gained the 7lbs it took me three months to shift!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:

you ate 35,000 calories over maintenance in ten days?
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Yeah, the whole freaking year. I really wasted a great opportunity, my second job was working construction but I wasted a great chance to get into shape, instead, I got the fattest I have ever been. November 24th was the first day here, better late than never...
  • I went to the bar last night to have 4 beers, a grilled chicken salad and some good football watching. I ended up downing 2 pitchers of beer, a piece of pizza, a cup of green olives, hash browns with cheese and ham, a large chocolate milk and biscuit.

Nice.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    I haven't logged since mid-November and from that time up to now I have been eating like an insatiable behemoth of a caterpillar. I also haven't been to the gym since that time or even been very active at all in fact. :blushing: I haven't put on any weight somehow, but I have visibly gotten a little fatter, and my clothes feel a bit tighter. I feel like I should have regrets but I have none at all. Come the day after New Years Day I'll go back to my normal routine. :bigsmile: