Replacing 2 meals a day with fresh juice

Options
12346»

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting the nutrients - and juicing is a great way to do that - and only do it for a short period, then I think it sounds fine. If you feel weak though, your body is telling you it's not doing good, and you should eat more food. Good luck :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'd rather drink a protein shake than a carb juice.

Most fruits are loaded with natural sugars, which are still carbs. Prepare to lose muscle mass and not a lot of body fat.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm doing JUDDD. One day of fasting on 500 -600 calories by drinking protein shskes. The next day eat what you want up to 2000 calories with in reason. My up days have been around 1500 to 1600. Good resaearch on this plan Check it out. There is also a site for JUDDD on MFP.
  • Kahud48
    Kahud48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's OK because I talked with my doctor and he said just two meals a day would be healthy for you, how could it not be?
    You are actually getting more nutrition this was and it's the micronutrients that we miss with our basic everyday diets. You would get an abundance in this.

Oh yes, you have to not be on any meds and be considered healthy now in order for this to be an OK thing as well.
    I am assuming you are?

I would go talk with your doctor and he knows best for you, let him guide you in this.

I only ate one meal a day for a few days just to kick start me in weight loss (mainly fluid loss) and my doc approved, said I had enough body fat that my body had sense enough to pull on the foods stores from it that it wouldn't hurt me one bit!

Trust in your body to know what it's doing over what anyone (that's not a doctor) with a so called expert opinion has to say to you.
    YOU take care of YOU and listen to your doctor, he will guide you through such as this without any ill effects :)

Good luck in your weight loss! :)
  • Kahud48
    Kahud48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too! It is so ironic, I just watched it again this morning on my Netflix. Trust me, she can't go wrong with this, she can only improve her health!
  • kelleep
    kelleep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    VERY GOOD ANALOGY AND HELPFUL ADVICE.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Pretty controversial esp here but juicing works

of course it works- you are cutting out boat loads of calories.

But that doesn't mean it's healthy or sustainable.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It would be around 800 cals a day for a few days and then jump back up to 1200 for a few days and then back to 800 and so on and so on...

I love how you say "jump back up to 1200" like it's enough.

You silly women and the idiotic things you do to lose weight.

Some women do legit things to lose weight thank you very much!!! I have to go, time to get this body wrap off. :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of squeezing in some fresh squeezed vegetable juice for dinner but never two meals. At least cut up an avocado, add some protein powder and milk for one meal, you can get 400-800 a shake if you do it right plus you get a lot of fat and protein!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i might be in a different camp than most other people. if you're doing it for the $$ then go for it if you're healthy. it's a short term solution to weight loss but $4k is nothing to sneeze at.

but i wouldnt call this healthy nor would i expect to see any long term effects from this especially if you go back to regular eating afterwards
  • mareemak
    Options
    You may find it interesting to look into two things:
    1. the big debate about fructose and it's highly probable link to the wave of obesity in Western cultures
    2. the idea of intermittent fasting
    SHORT STORY
    Obese husband has gastric band surgery. Husband loses 20+ kilos. Husband starts to plateau, still gets cravings for food, and worse still weight starts creeping back on. Wife (me) looks into the no-sugar debate. We go no-sugar, using recipes from David Gillespie and reading every tiny label on every product and re-introducing more fresh food to our diets. Both start to lose noticeable kilos, then once again the plateau. UNTIL ...
    We see a doco about intermittent fasting which we are now doing - 2 non-consecutive days each week. This is working. Even without adding much exercise (so far) which will improve, I dropped 3 kilos since October and hubby 6 kilos.
    The thing about juicing is it removes fibre which helps protect you from the fructose hit from some of the things you reduce to juice. We bought a fancy-pants juicer on the strength of reading about the guy who produce the 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' video. He used juicing to lose masses of weight, but I suspect you have to go with mostly vegetables. Something to look in to.