Did you over indulge this year? Come in!....

Options
2»

Replies

• framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I over indulged... A LOT. Just as many of my MFP friends did so you're not alone! I logged it all and plan to get right on track after New Years :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Well this thread makes me feel better. I wouldnt say i went over THAT much. Just a few days maybe over 1000 cals. But scale is up 6 lbs. I know most of it is water weight though so im not TOO worried but i'm ready to just refocus & get back at it after New Years celebrations.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

I knew the last 3 or so weeks of December were going to be REALLY tough. Deadly combo of numerous holiday parties/lunches/get-togethers with friends and their kids/etc, 4 days of traveling for work with limited food choices and no gym access from the 17th-20th, Christmas itself (including MASSIVE baking with the kids the day before and 4 family meals over 2 days), then leftovers, and lop a bad head cold on top of all of it. I decided beforehand to just set my goal to maintenance for a few weeks and just try really hard not to gain more than that inevitable bit of water weight. Figured setting myself back 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things was NBD, and if I kept it reasonable and kept logging and stuck to my normal goal/gym routine on the days I could I could really minimize the damage. Well, things got a bit out of control, and I didn't even end up logging all last week (usually I log even the worst days...I just couldn't keep track with all the nibbles and tastes and other people's recipes and stuff).

Today, I'm up 9 pounds from where I was 3 weeks ago :ohwell: . I know a good bit is water weight, but I certainly gained a few pounds of fat. But, back to it today!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel great now!

So many threads since I joined in July with people ( including myself ) saying " Oh just Christmas day, that's it. It doesn't mean you get to indulge all throughout December! " and I agreed! But, *kitten* happens.

However, it has made me realise more than ever that I wont let my weight come back lightly again. I was aware of every mouthful and very concious of the fact that I would gain, and I cared. Whereas before I knew it, but didn't care enough to help myself.

So I'm hoping I will be back to where I was by February 1st. And if I'm not? Then I will be there a few weeks later, no big deal. I have an image of me wearing shorts for the first summer in my life and its too good NOT to achieve.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I must have...or I can't explain why I have not lost even a single oz...:(
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself today & I put on 7lbs since December 10th when I last weighed. I had a lot of feasting days in the lead up to Christmas, day itself plus a few days after so I was not surprised & think it is quite a bit is water anyway as I ate a lot of sodium high foods that I usually don't. Anyway, I really enjoyed everything I ate including the multiple chocolate breakfasts :love: so not feeling too bad but the fact I have a beach holiday in less than 2 weeks isn't the best timing . Resumed work outs and normal eating as of this morning & sure that I will be be feeling pretty much back to normal by the time I go (shall be upping the workouts for these next 11days!!)
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've been eating poorly the last three days especially. I did exercise today but ended up eating a junk food meal :/ I blame lack of sleep and chocolate, chocolate is my ultimate downfall.

OP as long as you don't get upset by it and know you can work it off, you're good!!
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Even more scary to me is the fact that I actually considered purging (throwing up) all of the chocolate I ate last night. I had to tell myself, convince myself, repeatedly that I will NEVER do that, I do NOT want to develop any eating disorder. But I'm really scared that I even considered it.
    I had the same thought pass through my mind, I was feeling quite sick from overeating and thought it'd be so easy just to actually make myself sick, but I didn't.
    However, I have overate for the past 6 days, put on about 7lbs.. and Aunt-Flo came to visit me today too. :sad:
    I continued exercising, bar Christmas Day, and I was supposed to get myself back on track today, but ultimately it went a bit pear shaped, trying to keep a bit of a curb on it though. I won't be starting January off track, that's for sure.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I gained five and it was gone by this morning. It's only glycogen and water - that all burns off quickly when you're in a deficit. Just get back to your regularly scheduled program and all will be well.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I've had a few bad days but nothing too crazy over maintainence. I had a month off from logging food due to an away from home nursing placement (was too busy to care about food). I went a bit crazy and gained 2kg. Other than that I have only had my birthday and Christmas day off.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have turned into an eating machine, I appear to be on a ten day binge so far and have gained the 7lbs it took me three months to shift!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eh - I was only like 300 over on xmas and xmas eve…rest of the time I pretty much hit maintenance…but I chose december as month to increase my calories out of the aggressive cut that I had been doing...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have turned into an eating machine, I appear to be on a ten day binge so far and have gained the 7lbs it took me three months to shift!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:

you ate 35,000 calories over maintenance in ten days?
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Yeah, the whole freaking year. I really wasted a great opportunity, my second job was working construction but I wasted a great chance to get into shape, instead, I got the fattest I have ever been. November 24th was the first day here, better late than never...
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I went to the bar last night to have 4 beers, a grilled chicken salad and some good football watching. I ended up downing 2 pitchers of beer, a piece of pizza, a cup of green olives, hash browns with cheese and ham, a large chocolate milk and biscuit.

Nice.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged since mid-November and from that time up to now I have been eating like an insatiable behemoth of a caterpillar. I also haven't been to the gym since that time or even been very active at all in fact. :blushing: I haven't put on any weight somehow, but I have visibly gotten a little fatter, and my clothes feel a bit tighter. I feel like I should have regrets but I have none at all. Come the day after New Years Day I'll go back to my normal routine. :bigsmile: