What are you're 2014 fitness goals?

Options
What do you plan on achieving this year?

Mine are to

- Do an unassisted pullup
- Add 10% to my squat, bench, press, deadlift
- Perfect the clean and jerk
- Squat 1.5x my bodyweight
- Run 3 miles
- Take swimming lessons (can swim but not very well)

I also want to perhaps do something like (only one...)

- Half marathon
- Mud run
- Tough mudder
- Charity bike race
- triathlon

How about you?

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Bump
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I want to try new exercise activities in 2014. I may not like them, but how will I know until I try? I started yesterday with spinning. I went more slowly than everyone else, but I lasted the entire hour! I just borrowed some Wii games (I have the balance board): Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports, and something by Jillian Michaels. Those'll keep me busy for a while. In spring, I want to try tai chi. Then maybe Zumba?
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    I want to try new exercise activities in 2014. I may not like them, but how will I know until I try? I started yesterday with spinning. I went more slowly than everyone else, but I lasted the entire hour! I just borrowed some Wii games (I have the balance board): Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports, and something by Jillian Michaels. Those'll keep me busy for a while. In spring, I want to try tai chi. Then maybe Zumba?

Sounds like a good idea :)
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I want to get to my goal weight in 2014. But goals that are related to that:

-Run a mile without stopping
    -Reach 1,000 miles on my Nike Run app (I'm at 630 now)
    -Complete C25K
    -Run a 5K
    -Complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
    -Hike Mt Timp (It's a pretty strenuous hike by my house)
    -Don't eat any dessert for all 2014. (I'm already 3 months strong with no dessert, so this one shouldn't be that difficult.)
  • cally_
    cally_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My main goals are just to stick with my excercise plan, complete the 30 day shred then maybe ripped in 30 (so if you've done it before or want to start, feel free to talk to me) and live a more healthy lifestyle where I'm comfortable with my weight. :)
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    bump
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have my first 5k race tomorrow night to see 2013 out with a bang. I have signed up for my 1st 10k in Feb, another in May, a trail 10K in August and a half marathon in October. Those are the main goals so far for 2014 :smile:
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    I have my first 5k race tomorrow night to see 2013 out with a bang. I have signed up for my 1st 10k in Feb, another in May, a trail 10K in August and a half marathon in October. Those are the main goals so far for 2014 :smile:

Nice :) I really want to push my running a bit more, I get half way through c25k and stop
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I want to do a real box jump. right now i am doing them on a raised stepper. its not that i physically cannot do one. i can def. jump high enough. it's a mental thing for me.... ugh! I just need to get over it!!
  • dandj13
    dandj13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Complete my 1st half marathon on May 4th! From there- get to goal weigh and maintain- 8 more lbs to go!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Nice :) I really want to push my running a bit more, I get half way through c25k and stop

I started with C25K in April at almost 300lbs and hated it up to wk 7. Suddenly something clicked and I fell in love with running. I'm still heavy and slow but love it! Stick with C25K, it does work. I made a deal with myself that if I couldn't complete a session then I had to redo it - the thought of having to go through the 30mins again was a hell of an incentive not to give in with 2 or 3 mins to go! Good luck :)
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My physical goal is pretty simple.

I want to be able to do 50 pushups. No wall, no counter, no knees. Everything else I gain, or lose, will be gravy.
  • perkins_jerryw
    perkins_jerryw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 70.2 Ironman tri in march in Oceanside, CA and another in May in Kona, HI.

Other than that it is to get my Tuesday trainer to stop looking at me like "this exercise should be easy for you" when he knows that if it was I would not be paying him!
  • iamthesweenmachine
    Options
    1. I only have 8.5 lbs left to lose until I reach my goal. I would love to reach that in the next 6 weeks.
    2. I am embarking on a 30-day ab challenge starting Wednesday. I would love to complete that and also tone my arms more, and find an ideal toning regimen that works for me and eliminates loose skin.
    3. I would love to run a 5k. I have actually contemplated the idea for awhile, but have never actually done it.

Those are my main goals, among many others.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I need some running pb's ideally.
    Would love a sub 3.45 marathon
    A 1.43 half marathon
    A 45 minute 10k
    A parkrun PB- sub 22 mins

And get off the sugar rush train :wink:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    hopefully making it to 10% bf and running a marathon
  • TeamDale1
    Options
    Ride my bicycle 2,000 miles.
    Walk 15,000 steps each day.
    Get in aerobic exercise 6 days per week.
    Do strength training 2-3 times per week.
    Lose 8-10 pounds.
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    Finish the NYC Marathon. I officially accepted my guaranteed entry today.
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    1. Unassisted Pull Up
    2. 17% body fat
    3. Maintain my weight at 140 or less
    4. Run my second tough mudder
    5. Sign up for a Spartan race
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Stick with C25K, it does work. I made a deal with myself that if I couldn't complete a session then I had to redo it - the thought of having to go through the 30mins again was a hell of an incentive not to give in with 2 or 3 mins to go!
    That's brilliant!