advice please

Options
I know I lost all my baby weight doing slimming world and I guess old habits die hard but would you say mfp is better than slimming world? I was thinking of re joining to lose these pesky 10 pounds that have crept back on. Advice please? I'm 36. Height: 5ft 6 and I weigh 10 stone 10. I want to be 10 stone. My daily cals on here are set to 1300. Is this a good daily intake for me wanting to lose weight?

Replies

• RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    cant help but notice no mention of working out on there...youll lose 10lbs a ****load faster if you workout on top of just focusing on your nutrient intake
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    MFP is free, and it works. You can eat whatever you like which not only makes it more enjoyable, but I think it makes it easier to learn how to maintain the weight loss because you're not relying on someone else to tell you what you're supposed to eat.

Slimming World works for some people, not for others. The option of eating unlimited amounts of certain foods is a big problem for some. I know quite a few people in real life who've done Slimming World, and not a single one of them has kept off any of the weight loss. The main benefit that I can see is that you get the face to face support of the group you go to weigh in at. That's a big bonus for some people. If you can do without that, I'd give MFP a go.

You lost the weight with Slimming World, but you've gained 10 lbs. I'm sure you could lose it again with SW, but what's going to prevent it creeping back on? Are you going to do SW forever? Whichever you choose, look at what you're going to do differently this time to prevent gaining it back again.
  • JesterMFP
    Options
    I know I lost all my baby weight doing slimming world and I guess old habits die hard but would you say mfp is better than slimming world? I was thinking of re joining to lose these pesky 10 pounds that have crept back on. Advice please? I'm 36. Height: 5ft 6 and I weigh 10 stone 10. I want to be 10 stone. My daily cals on here are set to 1300. Is this a good daily intake for me wanting to lose weight?
    Since you're not overweight, you're best setting MFP to lose 0.5 lbs a week and going with the calorie goal it gives you then.
  • JanineW37
    Options
    Thanks to Jester MFP who gave the best advice. X
  • JanineW37
    Options
    I'm a single mum of twin boys aged 4. There's my workout! I am constantly on my feet and when they're at school, I work at a pre school running around after 3 to 4 year olds. I love my job and my home life with my boys but I haven't the time for a gym.
  • JesterMFP
    Options
    I'm a single mum of twin boys aged 4. There's my workout! I am constantly on my feet and when they're at school, I work at a pre school running around after 3 to 4 year olds. I love my job and my home life with my boys but I haven't the time for a gym.
    Bearing that in mind, you're certainly not sedentary, so don't tell MFP you're sedentary when setting up your goals. :smile: