Sick & tired of being Sick and Tired...

Options
Sounds like the song Cross Canadian Ragweed sings but its so true. Finding out I am a borderline diabetic today has really opened my eyes...once I stopped crying that is. I lost my only son almost 5 years ago and although I have gone on to do great things including founding a wonderful faith based support ministry for bereaved moms...I haven't taken very good care of myself. Its time to throw the tissue box away and get out the exercise clothes...I am ready to be me again! Just started this today...so I am new to it but would appreciate any tips or suggestions....including low cal meals for someone who is on the go all the time....Thanks and Blessings....Autumn

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    Welcome Autumn. You're going to find a huge support system here. I'm glad you took the first step today. You can do it!
  • CarolynInSC
    CarolynInSC Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First let me say I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I see the pain through your words. I only started this journey three months ago myself--finding me again. I have a wonderful support system at the gym and one of my children who cheers me daily. Do you have someone who will be your cheerleader/encourager? One person in my life in particular is someone who not only wants to see me attain my goals but really truly cares for me just as I am today--imperfect in my own eyes. They continually help me see myself from a different perspective. I would say this is very important. Do you have a fitness plan? Focus on small steps. I would say set your fitness plan in motion--whatever cardio you are doing; resistance training, etc. Look at simple changes you can make in your nutrition. For me it was cutting down on sodas until they are almost completely gone. I still have one every once in awhile. Don't beat yourself up when you "fall off the wagon." I did tonight, but will get back on track tomorrow. Eat 6 small meals a day. As the changes become a way of life, you can continue to add to them. Remember it is indeed a process/journey. I want to encourage you and celebrate this beginning with you.
  • autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words and look forward to this "new" journey with you!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for everything you have gone through. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. The people here are nothing but supportive and helpful. I'm sure you'll reach your goal. MFP is a great tool to help you! Good luck!
  • autumnater
    Options
    Oh! Yes...I have my daughter to work out with and my husband to keep me out of the cookies! LOL I can't wait to post a NEW photo of a NEWER me....thanks for sharing the journey. And for the support and condolences over my son's death. Yes, there is alot of pain there but the burden of loss lightens over time...doesn't mean it ever goes away or gets easy...just more peaceful. Founding the support group I lead has been very healing but there is so much loss....my faith gets me through it all with the many other moms who I am privelaged to share it with. Still...I miss my son...and there are no words to describe the depth of my loss in my heart.
  • autumnater
    Options
    Oh! Yes...I have my daughter to work out with and my husband to keep me out of the cookies! LOL I can't wait to post a NEW photo of a NEWER me....thanks for sharing the journey. And for the support and condolences over my son's death. Yes, there is alot of pain there but the burden of loss lightens over time...doesn't mean it ever goes away or gets easy...just more peaceful. Founding the support group I lead has been very healing but there is so much loss....my faith gets me through it all with the many other moms who I am privelaged to share it with. Still...I miss my son...and there are no words to describe the depth of my loss in my heart.