Closing out 2013 - 88 lbs lost

Options
13»

Replies

• MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What a cute grandma! Congrats on your success and wishing you much happiness in 2014 and beyond!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's such a cute pic with the kid!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Great job !!! Determination paid off :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fabulous!!!
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Very inspiring!
  • rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome story- thanks for sharing. I love your mantra- make each day the best it can be! Well done!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying.. I never thought I would be in a 14 (like I am now) but would love to be in a 10/12..

You are my inspiration...You look great. We are same height and started with some weight. I lost 50lbs and with some healt issues fell off for the last 6 months. this past week I restarted logging..

What is your current size with your current weight.. My goal is pretty much where you are at? Any tips??

My starting sizes: 22W in pants and dresses, 2x or 3x in tops

Now at 146 lbs: Old Navy jeans - 8 short, plain t-shirts - medium, tops are still large (some medium depending on the style), and dresses also vary. I have a size 12 that I bought a million years ago as motivation that finally fits (it's the black straight one in the picture). Also, a Coldwater Creek dress that is a petite medium.

Good luck with your return to logging. You can do it!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Congratulations on your success and transformation.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for posting the pictures. I love success stories.
  • lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    30 years and then boom all gone!

Was it more what you ate and the quantity or exercise?
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    30 years and then boom all gone!

Was it more what you ate and the quantity or exercise?

The loss was all about calorie deficit. I kept tabs on my macros per my nutritionist/diabetes educator to work with my diabetes meds. I made sure to include fruit and veggies at every meal - raw if possible. I ate approx. 1200 calories a day. And I DEFINITELY watched portion size.

One of the things I started doing that has really worked: when I eat out, I make as good of choices as possible, and ask for a take-out box as soon as I get my food. I will immediately divide dinner in half and take part home. I get to enjoy the meal again the next day and not have the guilt of eating too much. I've done it at steak places and Mexican food restaurants.

The exercise I do does not produce much calorie burn. I mainly walk. I 'move' to improve my cardio but not so much for weight loss.
  • You look amazing. And MUCH younger. I don't know how it works, but the extra weight just adds on the years. You look fabulous.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You should be proud as hell!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done you!!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look happy and healthy and I love the new hairdo - it makes you look so much younger! What a great accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!