How to stay full?

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat 6 small meals/snacks of the combos mentioned above, a day instead of 3. I eat every 3-4 hours. Helps you stay full. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me when to eat my meals.

I think this is a personal thing - I was constantly STARVING and hanging out for my next meal when I ate 6-7 meals a day. I've changed to 3 bigger meals and can last for hours without a thought of food!
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fruit fills me up - apple with 2 cups water
    Or Grapefruit with 2cups water. I also
    am drinking coffee in morning and 2 cups
    tea spread out in afternoon. My mom
    got me this tea that is to help reduce
    cholesterol !
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat and fiber. In that order.

this. stop relying on food that will simply just take up space and eat food that's nutritionally dense. that will keep you feeling full

Yes. And to add another layer, try to think of it this way. Feeling full isn't the answer. Feeling satisfied is. And that happens when you give your body the nutrients (both macro and micro) that it needs, even if you're eating less calories than you burn.
    For you. There is no one right answer that works for everybody.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with veggies in olive oil usually does the trick.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    fats...like egg fried in bacon grease or coconut oil in coffee...
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    For me, oatmeal and lean chicken and protein bars keep me full. So Fiber and Protein. Everything else makes me feel hungry again an hour later
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yea, I don't want to "stay full"

That's why I'm fat..

Full does not mean stuffed. I prefer being "full", i.e. not hungry. I'm not fat.

OP, protein fills me up the best. I have to stay away from starchy carbs, like bread or pasta. They just make me hungrier.
  • albayin
    Options
    Would change the order to fat, protein, then fiber. Fat is the most satiating just stay away from trans fat.

Full fat plain Greek yogurt
    Almond nut butter
    Olives
    Cheese
    Avocado
    This. staying full is one thing; staying satisfied makes you crave less later...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

These three...though not necessarily in that order for me. I try to incorporate them into all of my meals.
  • albayin
    Options
    Fat may offer the most calorie per gram ratio, but protein is the most satisfying from a nutritionist standpoint :)

speaking from my own experience, I beg to differ here...but every body is different. I won't say it doesn't work for someone else. :)
  • eryquem
    eryquem Posts: 66 Member
    Options

this. stop relying on food that will simply just take up space and eat food that's nutritionally dense. that will keep you feeling full

Yes. And to add another layer, try to think of it this way. Feeling full isn't the answer. Feeling satisfied is. And that happens when you give your body the nutrients (both macro and micro) that it needs, even if you're eating less calories than you burn.
    For you. There is no one right answer that works for everybody.

While I don't want to push a one size fits all mentality, I think you're missing my point. As a species, we all need the same basic components to survive. Pick any human, completely deprive them of vitamin C, and you'll get the same result. No exceptions.

What I'm really trying to say is that filling your stomach with non-nutritive styrofoam is not going to shut off your brain's hunger signals. And that's true for EVERYONE.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    A juicy steak keeps me full for hours, sometimes all day.

For the oral fixation, there is black coffee, water, and unsweetened tea all day along.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I feel really satisfied when I have a lot of vegetables. I'm gluten free and vegetarian so when I'm at a guest's house usually all there is for me to eat are loads of vegetables. I recently had a dinner composed of a lot of spinach and a big bowl of steamed broccoli, and though the meal itself isn't well rounded all those vegetables filled me up for not many calories at all. :smile: It also helps when I have a big glass of water before dinner and drink plenty of water with my dinner.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    Eat 6 small meals/snacks of the combos mentioned above, a day instead of 3. I eat every 3-4 hours. Helps you stay full. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me when to eat my meals.

I think this is a personal thing - I was constantly STARVING and hanging out for my next meal when I ate 6-7 meals a day. I've changed to 3 bigger meals and can last for hours without a thought of food!

^^This. When i was eating 6 small meals a day i couldnt stop thinking about food. Just couldnt get it off my mind, what was i going to eat, is it time to eat yet, etc. Now I have larger meals now and feel much more satisfied. Also why eat just because an alarm went off? just eat when you're hungry. Makes more sense.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Protein shake: 30g protein, greek yogurt, and steamed broccoli help keep me feeling full. But this is my biggest downfall, I seem to always be hungry.