Android or iPhone?

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I've had both, liked both, and currently have an iPhone. My issue is with my sh!tty carrier, not the actual phones.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If all your friends have iPhones, just get an iPhone. I think you'll find the experience a mixed bag coming from Android, depending on which device you're coming from. You'll miss widgets and flexibility but be impressed with smoothness and cohesiveness of the experience *provided* that you fully buy into "everything Apple." If you use a lot of google services you may find the switch frustrating.

If you do go with Android, buy a top-end Android phone. My recommendation is, emphatically, the Moto X. The Nexus 5 is an acceptable alternative if you're willing to live with the enormous size. The N5 also has a better camera than the Moto X, but not by a whole lot. I suggest you avoid the Galaxy S4 and LG G2.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Had an iPhone, traded it in in for an Android, Note II... LOVE IT!!!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I prefer Android but have a iphone5s for the thumb unlock. Since my phone is a work phone too it has an auto lock and I got so tired of keying in my passcode 100 times a day. So far I am okay with my iphone but I have to say that SIRI sucks. I try her, call her names, give up and go to Google Now and get what I need first time everytime. I mean seriously (ha, just got that) it is a terrible terrible program. I also like the size of iphone. I think the Android phones are just too big...
    That being said, when they start using the same technology, I will probably go back...
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone5s. Android is good because you have a choice of a lot of different phones but I enjoy the iPhone's ease of use. I drop my phone a lot, so, I just invested in a nice case and a screen protector and that has done wonders for keep my phone in one piece and not all scratched up. I love that you can take slow motion videos with the 5s , panoramic pictures, unlock with a finger print and move from one app to another and back so easily.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. (:
  • 722_christina_722
    Options
    FLIP PHONE YO!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    iPhones are so...yesterday.

As my high school kids put it:
    "if you wear UGG boots, tight jeans, belly/short shirts, an open zip-hoodie, have long hair and sometimes where a hat of sorts, chances are you have an iPhone."

In other words, an iPhone is now saying you have no individuality.

Go with Android, you will be very happy you did.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I have the iPhone 4S and while I liked it when I got it I'm not happy at all with the recent upgrades. I've lost ALL the ringtones that I have purchased (they show up in iTunes but they are "greyed" out and will not download to my phone). I can't back up to the iCloud even though when I'm in iTunes I TELL it to back up to iCloud. It just won't.

My husband got the Galaxy 4S from Samsung and that's what I'm moving towards when I upgrade in February.

And for the record I am NOT the type of person who buys something because EVERYONE has it. I buy things based on what I like and want. There were two reasons I I bought an iPhone: One was because I have the first generation iPad and I love and the second was for my business (making apps for phones). Now that my apps are available on the Android I'm going to move to that.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    iPhones are so...yesterday.

As my high school kids put it:
    "if you wear UGG boots, tight jeans, belly/short shirts, an open zip-hoodie, have long hair and sometimes where a hat of sorts, chances are you have an iPhone."

In other words, an iPhone is now saying you have no individuality.

Go with Android, you will be very happy you did.

If you choose your phone based on making a fashion statement or establishing a self-identity, you're doing it wrong.

They're just phones. Choose the one that is most useful and helpful to you.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    iPhones are great for their simplicty, and that whole "everyone has one" - which simply is because Apple makes a great product, and it's an easy choice.

Droids are way better, wider variety of phones and features. I LOVE my droid and would never settle for an iPhone.

(PS: for all those who stated a reason of dropping their iPhone or durability, that's not a reason - droids have otterboxes too)

Plus, I run all my stuff all the time, so I love that the droid has a changable battery. On a day long bus trip to the mountains, by the end of the day iPhone users were conserving batteries, droid users were just switching to their back-up battery and playing games and texting pictures etc. I guess it depends on how much you use your phone, and what you do on it. I live on mine, gaming, social media, texting, banking, blogging, everything!
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Custimization, freedom, screen size selection, and computing power all favor Android, and because it's on so many different phone makes, they're always improving it and competing to have the best. Iphone has the ease of use advantage and the fact that it's universally the same on every single phone which is probably why so many people over 40 favor the Iphones.

Your reply was spot on, thanks. (:

I'm over 40 and it took me a couple weeks to adjust from I-phone to an android. I do like the android better now. The only downside to my Galaxy S3 is the battery life sucks. I always have to have a charger handy. As far as dropping them. Check out an Otter Box no matter what kind you get. They are pricey, but you can get good deals on Amazon
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Buy a back-up battery, and a separate charger. . .cellphoneshop.net has them for super cheap
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    always gonna be Android for me.
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I've had both but once I went iPhone I never looked back. I have the 4S and the 5 (one is my own, one is my work phone) and I love both of them. They're simple, easy to use and the service from the Apple store is a big deal for me. I walk in, say it's not working and they hand me a brand new one. Done! In the past I've been so frustrated when phones have started playing up and you have to go to the shop and they're like *oh… hm… well we can send it off and see what they say… but you'll have to pay if they don't find anything". No thanks.
  • giampi260271
    Options
    I read a lot here that iPhone are easy to use. Sorry, but 'm not able to understand where iPhone is easier to use than my Nexus 5 (and previously Galaxy Nexus).
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Android is far superior to Iphones. My phone is Android and my daughters Iphone, Ipad and Ipods have turned me off from any Apple product.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. (:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    They're simple, easy to use and the service from the Apple store is a big deal for me. I walk in, say it's not working and they hand me a brand new one.

This is enough to put me off iPhone.

It shouldn't happen often enough to need commented on...
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    IPhone because it's simply and user friendly.