Here I go AGAIN... This time...Its all or nothing

Options
So I like many others I am certain, am changing the yoyo dieting ways that have in the past...failed miserably. I am researching this time and setting smaller goals and truly making the effort of baby steps not overwhelming myself more than I can manage...at least for now I am. Drinking water is a big thing for me that I am making certain despite my very small bladder, I am drinking more of it! I have added fruit to the water like lemons strawberries and mint with blueberries too. Yummy taste and a good natural detox. I wish I had a workout buddy though, it helps a lot. Wit many changed this almost past year (2013) there were the good bad and ugly that enabled me to get off course AGAIN. I need and want this now more tan ever. I am not by any means obese but I am unhealthy and need to shed some pounds. It appears also that it is more expensive to eat healthy than to not and with 2 kids raising them pretty much on my own, money needless to say is TIGHT. It is much easier to sit and say...oh I will do it later...only problem is when later comes other crap has gotten in the way or I am tired or...or...or..... but...but...but.... My Butt is large.... haha. So this is my quest, my journey and I pray for strength and courage and a partner to help.

Replies

• mamamia7712
    mamamia7712 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I will partner with you. I have been playing the same game (yo-yoing) too much going on, I'll deal with this later.

I am nearing the corner on 50 years old. :

Today my son came in as he was on break and keep pressuring me for money immediately while I am on the phone talking to a woman from benefits who was extremely unhelpful and apologized every 5 minutes. I know this sounds crazy but her apologies every 5 minutes began to feel abusive in a strange way. Like please just tell me you cannot help me, send me somewhere else, just don't apologize again. I went to the fridge and started loading up. I ate 1/4 cup of some homemade chicken and dumplings and was going for the pumpkin pie and stopped myself, not again.

So, I am still okay with calories, etc. and I put the pumpkin back and backed away slowly from the fridge. :)
  • melanieb8273
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am back again and really determined to make it the last time.
  • StrugglingStrong
    StrugglingStrong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So I like many others I am certain, am changing the yoyo dieting ways that have in the past...failed miserably. I am researching this time and setting smaller goals and truly making the effort of baby steps not overwhelming myself more than I can manage...at least for now I am. Drinking water is a big thing for me that I am making certain despite my very small bladder, I am drinking more of it! I have added fruit to the water like lemons strawberries and mint with blueberries too. Yummy taste and a good natural detox. I wish I had a workout buddy though, it helps a lot. Wit many changed this almost past year (2013) there were the good bad and ugly that enabled me to get off course AGAIN. I need and want this now more tan ever. I am not by any means obese but I am unhealthy and need to shed some pounds. It appears also that it is more expensive to eat healthy than to not and with 2 kids raising them pretty much on my own, money needless to say is TIGHT. It is much easier to sit and say...oh I will do it later...only problem is when later comes other crap has gotten in the way or I am tired or...or...or..... but...but...but.... My Butt is large.... haha. So this is my quest, my journey and I pray for strength and courage and a partner to help.

One large butt to another, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I haven't been here long, I am on day Five, and I tell you that I have come across so many amazing people who are willing to push you, and make sure you are still on track! I am a good cheerleader if you need the push to go on! We all do sometimes... congrats on the first step! and that's signing up here. Trust me, it seems small, but it does things mentally having people here watching you and rooting for you! YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! I quit and came back again too. This time I've been logging daily for about four months. Your intro made me lol as I have a big butt too but hey it's a work in progress lol. Congrats on taking the first step to a new you!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Please everyone feel free to add me. I have restarted again after a battle of quitting smoking and being sick for a month and it being the holidays. To make a long story short, I have lots of reasons (excuses) a long with almost 40 lbs. to lose. This is my 3rd start and I want it to be my last start. When I logged in today I noticed that half of my friends are no longer logging in, only one person is in my news feed and only 1 person commented and 2 liked 2 of my posts (one person for each post). I need support and motivation. so please everyone add me.
  • urgirlworksout
    urgirlworksout Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can do it together!
  • hebrews11113
    Options
    Oh how I giggled reading this this morning. One big butt to another.... I tell ya we can do this this time...we must!!!! I do agree having many to encourage and push will only make things happen for the better.... I am ready
  • be_do_have
    be_do_have Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! Ive been gradually trying to eat better but tomorrow im logging EVERYTHING (im bad about that..do good for breakfast and dinner then mid afternoon it all goes out the window).
  • mamamia7712
    mamamia7712 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi be_do_have,

I was too and frankly that is where all of my calories come in.

So what's our plan guys for New Year's Eve and Day?

I am back to the weight I was on December 15th which is 5 lbs more than the weight in June.

I am thinking eat dinner before going to parties, eat lots of salad with dinner, leave some room for a glass of wine, a glass of champagne, perhaps one appetizer. Stay away from creamy, cheesy, sugary stuff. Perhaps bring a fruit platter to share.
  • Pat109
    Options
    I just pre planned my food for the night by filling in my food diary hope this works. Happy new year
  • be_do_have
    be_do_have Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My plan for this evening is just to eat less. Tomorrow i will stay under goal and i know it will be tough since we are having a late christmas get-together. I think since it will be day #1 i will be pretty motivated so it will be easier.
  • jeromybilbo7
    Options
    From one Hebrew to another, I'll encourage you! :smile: :wink: :happy:
  • soywoman
    soywoman Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would like to help motivate .....I am in a similar boat...48, need to lose about 40 pounds...menopause hit and threw me for a HELL of a loop! I'm still trying to navigate around this site too!
  • soywoman
    Options
    Hello there,

I will partner with you. I have been playing the same game (yo-yoing) too much going on, I'll deal with this later.

I am nearing the corner on 50 years old. :

Today my son came in as he was on break and keep pressuring me for money immediately while I am on the phone talking to a woman from benefits who was extremely unhelpful and apologized every 5 minutes. I know this sounds crazy but her apologies every 5 minutes began to feel abusive in a strange way. Like please just tell me you cannot help me, send me somewhere else, just don't apologize again. I went to the fridge and started loading up. I ate 1/4 cup of some homemade chicken and dumplings and was going for the pumpkin pie and stopped myself, not again.

So, I am still okay with calories, etc. and I put the pumpkin back and backed away slowly from the fridge. :)
  • soywoman
    Options