Aldi

Options
If you have one around you, you should go and check it out.

For the past few weeks I have been buying my fruits, veggies, and a few other things from Aldi's. I have noticed a huge difference on the grocery bill since doing this. It's like half the cost of what I was paying at Target or Kroger. Yesterday after work I stopped by because we needed some more fruits and veggies (we go through them like crazy at our house). I got a TON of stuff for $20. Here is my list:

3 fresh zucchini (these are big too)
a bag of yellow onions
Fresh Broccoli head
a 5 lb bag of russet potatoes
a bag of gala apples
a bag of pears
a package of 6 roma tomatoes
a package of egg noodles
a pack of fresh white mushrooms (whole not sliced)
2 cans of sweet corn
a bunch of bananas
a package of whole grain wraps
Frozen french toast sticks (My 4 year old likes to eat these every once in a while)
a package of beef skirt steak

All of this for $20!

Replies

• krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this store !!!!! cuts my grocery bill in half!!! And their food is very good !
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    GREAT information. I haven't been to Aldi in YEARS! But perhaps I should revisit because we too are eating a lot more healthy (which is costing us a lot more). LOL
  • I shop at Aldi all the time! It's my first shop stop before I decide if I have to go to a pricier store to get what I need. There's not much on my monthly shopping list that I can't get there. About the only thing I don't routinely buy there is my meat.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    We have an Aldi and that's the main grocery store I shop at. Feeding a family of 5 gets expensive at those other stores. I love that store!!! We moved here 2 and a half years ago and couldn't believe the difference in my grocery bill!!!
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Yes, I went to aldi a few days ago and I really racked up with a $100 bucks. I got more for my money than I would have at pathmark or shoprite. Yes, I am in love with Aldi's now. My sister always told me about the place, so I finally went with her.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love this store, but I have never see the whole grain wraps, with they had those here, but with a family of 5, it saves me over 50 a week compared to even Walmart!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I shop at Aldi all the time! It's my first shop stop before I decide if I have to go to a pricier store to get what I need. There's not much on my monthly shopping list that I can't get there. About the only thing I don't routinely buy there is my meat.
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I do the same thing! Even with the meat!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    my moms been shopping there for years so Ive been there growing up and now they opened one near me so I shop there as well. I dont like the patatoes tehre but thats just me lol
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nice, I haven't stopped in there in a while, but have been thinking about it lately. I heard a new commericial for them on the radio.:drinker:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Aldi! I save so much money shopping there. I just found a tasty little dessert there that I treat myself to once in a while. Priano Tiramisu dessert cups...they are DELISH and only 230 calories for one dessert cup. If you like Tiramisu, you should try them.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    The wraps were by the bread it's the Fit and Active brand and it's a huge wrap for only 90 calories.

I haven't had any problems with the potatoes there. :bigsmile:

I don't buy our cereal, peanut butter, and certain things that I have to buy brand name because i'm a weirdo, but the fruits and veggies, hell, that alone saves me a ton!
  • lina1131
    Options
    Their 9 grain bread looked really good (the ingredients were awesome) but it was 110 calories per slice so I put it down and walked away :laugh:
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Went by ours the other day and hubby said we should check it out to see if it is really cheaper then the reg grocery store. Haven't tried it yet, will try this week and see. Thanks for the confirmation that it is cheaper.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Aldi is my first grocery stop I get most of my stuff from here :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    where are you guys??? i have never heard of this store??
  • lina1131
    Options
    I'm in Texas!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I can't wait to try it. They are opening an Aldi's in my city in the spring. When I heard they were coming, I got sooooo excited because of all the good things I've heard. Again, I can't wait!!
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Love, love, love this store! We save $1.50 on a gallon of milk alone. Their oat-bran bread is really good and my entire family eats the fit and active protein bars. I was thrilled to see so many of the Aldi foods already entered into the database on MFP. On a non-food note, I wear some of their make-up and have fallen in love with their eye cream also.
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
    My mom used to shop at Aldi when I was little, I haven't been there in years but it looks like I am gonna have to make a stop there in the very near future.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI~!I know we`ve been doing alot of shopping there ,due to my husband loosing his job.Prices are good and we are able to save better than going to another store.I`ve used alot of the fit and active brands too.
    Thanks for posting this,it can sure help anyone pinching pennies.