need tips for getting back on track

Options
getting a little lax here, please list some tips for getting back on track and I will start.

1) no eating after 6 (this works for me, I know others differ)
2) remind myself that this is taking care of me.
3) don't wear those stretch pants, wear tights ones when eating out
4) do more problem solving rather than eating and complaining.

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If it works for you, why is it an issue to work on? I'm honestly curious. I agree with 2. 3 not too tight, gotta be comfy ♥
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    yes, I do better if I don't eat after 6 at night, I haven't been doing it though so I got to work on my discipline.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    For me, getting back on track meant logging into MFP every day for the motivation and support of other members. And it meant logging all of my food, every single day - over or under, good choices or bad, log it all. Then at the end of the day and week, looking back over the diaries and daily totals, and seeing where I did well, and where I didn't do so well - what choices did I make? Were the foods that put me over worth it? Am I getting enough protein? How can I do better? It's a learning process, but very satisfying as the good habits are formed, targets are hit and goals achieved.

Once I got back to logging everything, I was more motivated to exercise regularly as well.

One day at a time! :smile: Happy New Year!
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Most of my mistakes happen after 6pm.. so I'm with you on that thinking.

Pre-log your food for the day in the MFP diary.. have a plan to look forward to (ooo.. at noon I'm going to have a chicken sandwich.. should I toast it? Try a different spice combination?) and stick to. Try to meet your nutritional needs when planning. Take a full week into consideration. I'm back to watching my calcium and iron intakes.. using supplements when needed. I broke my ankle about 18 months ago and I'm guessing I've been 50-70% low on my calcium intake for years.. may have been contributing factor. I can't waste my life sitting around again.. and I don't want any more pain than what is currently unavoidable with what I've done to myself so far. So I want to make sure I'm getting 100% in a weeks span. Make a weekly food/meal plan so you don't run out of good stuff, and so you don't waste money letting food go bad too.

Try new recipes members here have suggested. I LOVE when people post the calories and serving size.. really helps motivate me to try something new if I can see the calories aren't going to be too hard for me to work with. Ceviche is my current must-make list (saw it recommended this morning.. I've had it before, but I've never made it).
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It helps me to log daily, prior to eating!! I have a ways to go still, so I need to start working a LOT harder!!!