What kind of workout clothes should I buy?

Options
2»

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Spend good money on a bra that fits and supports. You should do good shoes too since you'll be walking but they might run you $75-100. As for clothes, I buy everything at Walmart. They have a nice line of Danskin workout wear that runs mostly $15 or less per piece. Some of my tanks I've only paid $3-4 for and they are comfortable and wash well. Other than shoes and bras I probably have less than $50 tied up in my workout clothes and I have a tank for every day, a couple of long sleeves for cooler days and 3 pairs of pants of varying lengths.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    As far as clothes wear what is comfortable, good shoes (and I might add socks) are important, also a good bra. My girls don't do well in a sports bra. Plus I've never much cared for the Uni-boob look. Just a good supportive bra works best, especially if you are well endowed. Put money into a good supportive bra (and when you get it don't put it through the dryer it wears them out), and good shoes. I'm really partial to good socks too, but that is me. Some people swear by cotton, but I'm from the other camp … to me once cotton gets sweaty it becomes sandpaper.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Running socks did make a big difference for me for running - don't care for everything else.
    Sounds like you do need to go for the proper bra stuff, but that's a bit out of my area of expertise.

On the rest, I just exercise in 'whatever' - I make a bit of an effort where other people may be around - probably more so I don't create a bad impression if there's some 'fit' young ladies there too :).
    On my own, I'll often go jogging in jeans. Do weights workouts in whatever shoes I'm wearing, jeans/work trousers and whatever tshirt I have one (obviously a tight shirt isn't a great idea for button popping.)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Target has some reasonably priced comfortable workout clothes

I love the workout clothes at Target. I try to shop the clearance rack as much as possible too, because you can find some pretty good deals there. I also like their sports bras. They are soooo comfortable.

The brand is C9 by Champion. You should be able to find some pretty good deals with all the "New Year's Resolution" workout gear sales.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Try different brands on. Choose the ones that you feel fantastic in. The sort that you look forward to putting on in colors that you love. You'd be surprised how motivating it can be to pull on something you feel good in to go to the gym.
    I like Danskin. Not expensive and come in a variety of colors and styles.

She's right, I'd never really thought about it but when I put workout clothes that fit well and look good I automatically feel more motivated...odd but it works!

Good luck!
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am a D/DD cup and have had luck with a mix of champion high impact (target) and danskin (online) bras. Since having my daughter, I can't stand underwire either. That used to be all I wore. As for clothing, my favorites are target and old navy that I wTch online sales and clearance for. Don't buy a whole bunch, as hopefully the weight will come off and you will need a smaller size. Even bras. I have replaced mine once already, and am looking for a specific running bra now. A running store near me fits and sells Enell running bras, which I have read good things about, but they are not cheap. I am waiting until I am running consistently to buy one. Until then I will wear my current with a compression sports bra over it.

Hope this helps!
  • adayinaz
    adayinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, there is SO much to think about here! Sounds like my best bet will be a stop at Target or Walmart for clothes and Costco for clothes/shoes. I'll check out Lane Bryant for a good supportive bra and see whether I stick with that or go with one of the many other fabulous ideas you all gave me. Thanks for all the thoughts and I really do appreciate you all showing support for me as I start this process!