light diner for "nightshift" worker

Options
I would like to ask if anyone has any good idea or recipe for a light non fat diner for those who work at night, and come back home starving... :) thanks

Replies

• chrishagger
    Options
    I find something light poached egg on toast when I get in from a night shift is just enough and is not too heavy for a day in bed or a sandwich but I know it's harder to stick to a healthy diet whist working night but it is worth it
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    1.homemade tuna on whole grain wheat bread is great.
    2.spinach salad with tomatoes, and cucumbers, and fruit
    3.meal replacement shake (depending on the brand you may want to add a piece of fruit for more calories) I know the Muscle Man Meal Replacements are 260 calories mixed with water

I hope you find something that works for ya
  • akashyadav
    Options
    eat what you normally would eat as long as it fits into ur daily calorie limit. im also a shift worker and eat at awkward times...
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I work at night and at my midnight meal I eat alot of salads of all kinds and also I love to eat tuna on crackers nom nom nom :)
  • jennidc
    Options
    I wouldn't wait till you get home the worst time to eat is before you sleep.

Between midnight and 1am I usually have some noodles (around 200 cals) mixed with some spicy soup (around 150 cals)
    with low cal fruit at various times during the night such as apple, grapes, orange, plums.

When I was on my night shift run I used to gain weight now I lose every time.

I do a mix of days/night shifts the hardest is the first night as you feel like you want an extra meal the way I get round this now is sleep normally the night before so around 11pm - 7am - have breakfast, go to sleep at 12 noon so I miss lunch time, wake up around 4pm and have my evening meal a bit early at 5pm, start work at 7pm eat what I would normally have at lunch time at 1pm.

Go home at 7am and go straight to bed - wake up around 2pm and have breakfast and so the cycle goes on.
  • simoz79
    Options
    thanks a lot :) tuna with whole grain bread sounds great :)
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If I'm just too starved to go to bed without eating, I do well with a fat free yogurt and a piece of toast or an english muffin with applebutter.
  • akashyadav
    Options
    guys not eat before bed is a myth. as long as it fits your daily macros then you can eat it at anytime