Another New Year

Options
Another New Year. Another resolution to loose weight, get in shape, exercise more and eat less. This is not a new New Year's Resolution. It is one I have made countless times with the best of intentions. There have been occasions where I have stuck to the plan for 2 or 3 months. Loosing weight, feeling better.......then I get lazy.

Let's face it, it's easier to run through a drive-thru at lunch than sit in the office and eat the healthy food lunch I packed. The saying, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.", is a lie for me. I love food. Always have. Always will.

I don't discriminate. I love healthy food almost as much as I love unhealthy food and more depending on the food. It's the choices made that makes the difference.

I have used MyFitnessPal before. It works. There are the calorie and nutrition counters, forums and community support. It is a great tool on the road to life long health. The important thing is how I use it. The accountability and honesty with myself on a daily basis.

I have a new New Year Resolution this year. It is simple my 2014 New Year Resolution is "More and Less". This extends past eating and exercise habits. I want to be more in everything I do, including my diligence in healthy eating. I want to be less in many aspects of my life including excuses, failures, and pounds.

Replies

• TeamAliyah
    TeamAliyah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    We have a similar story regarding commitment ! I plan to make this round a steady one!
    Happy new year!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. Decide today that there is no end. Whatever you to today and tomorrow you must commit to for a lifetime... so only do what you're willing to do forever. Small changes. Sustainable changes.