Pushing through cravings for italian, mexican food etc

Options
Ok, I am doing really well so far this week with getting in my 90 minutes of cardio, and 30-45 mins of strength training. Granted I am dead tired at the end of my day, I get it done. I burn around 1200 calories a day during these exercise sessions. However...TODAY I am so tired after only 3 days of doing this lol and for some odd reason I am craving some really HOT italian food, mexican food thicky saucy fattening stuff..WHY? Is this happening to me? Can anyone explain? Thanks a bunch :-)

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    why not seek some substitute, healthier recipes?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Here's a great website to get you started.

Maybe you're undereating? How low are your calories? That's a lot of working out.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    are you eating enough calories??? also are you eating your exercise calories, because you may not be getting enough!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I make that kind of stuff at home in healthier versions. It scratches the itch quite nicely. You do know, that just because you are trying to loose weight, food doesn't have to be tasteless and or rabbit food. Its a great time to experiment.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds like your body is CRAVING carbs because you need them! You need to make sure you eat enough to fuel your body for all that exercise!
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Yall are all so kind to respond and try to help me :-) here is what I am doing, I love Jillian Michaels and am following her program 4 days of strength training/week and I was only doing 30 mins of cardio which was basically getting me no where I am down to 158lbs from 172lbs and I want to be down to 140lbs which I am very very thing and lean at. So I eat around 1400 calories a day I try to not go over that as I tend to gain weight very quickly and easily at the 1500 calories plus mark. Here is a run down of my daily diet.......

Breakfast: 2 slices cinnamon rasin ezekiel bread 1 tbs of all natural peanut butter 2tbs half and half in coffee

Lunch: 1 ezekiel tortilla 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, 1/3 cup salsa

Snack: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese 1 whole tomato OR 10 kashi tlc crackers and 1 cheese stick OR 1/2 cup hummus with unlimited carrot sticks

Dinner: 8oz grilled Chicken breast and 2-3 cups of steamed veggies, OR 8oz of white fish or lean bison or beef

Jillian reportedly says that if you want to maintain weight to add 500 calories a day if you are going to do 2hrs+ cardio/day 6 days a week or more. If you are wanting to lose 20+lbs that you don't need to add the extra calories as you want to burn as much fat as possible and loose as quickly without hurting yourself and at 1400-1500 calories you were getting enough nutrition, and to take supplements vitamins etc.