Holiday Weight

Options
So did you lose gain or maintain your weight over the holidays? I only gained a .5 lbs probably from the lack of water and extra sodium

Replies

• svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.3. But like you I think it is due to lake of water and increased sodium. As long as I am back to my before, by this time next week I am fine.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    December was crazy for me, as I started seriously on december 1st, quickly lost 9 pounds, but then ate everything between Dec 21st and yesterday and gained back 7..... So all and all, I lost 2 pounds in December, which I am trully happy with.
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have gained 7lbs in the last 2 weeks, and figured I would gain about 10lbs. So I'm happy and I will get this weight off in 2 weeks.
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have gained about 6 or 7lbs over the past two weeks. I started logging again today (I gave myself a guilt free fortnight off), I expect to lose it in about the same length of time as normal eating resumes, then I will be back on the slow and steady journey to the finish line.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I maintained, just as I intended to. I didn't stray too far from my usual routine during the holidays, for once.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation so I upped my cals by a 1000 to 1500. So I think that helped a little but figured Ill gain more then I did....Well just remember we all had a small set back and will get back into the swing of things soon
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Gained about 2 lbs - mostly water weight. It's already dropped off again, but that's because I only splurged on Christmas and ate normally on New Year's.
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Gained about 2 lbs - mostly water weight. It's already dropped off again, but that's because I only splurged on Christmas and ate normally on New Year's.

I did the opposite splurged yesterday and ate normal on Christmas
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I lost .5 lbs. At least that is what the scale said yesterday. Today its up .5 lbs but thats cuz of yesterdays feast.

Overall a great holiday season for me.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.4 lbs. And that was with a 9 day vacation to Florida/Disney, and like 4 holiday parties. Even though it was crazy and hectic, I think I did pretty fantastic. :)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I gained ~8 lb, but I'm ok with that - Christmas cookies come but once a year.
  • jennegan1
    Options
    I lost 5.4 lbs. And that was with a 9 day vacation to Florida/Disney, and like 4 holiday parties. Even though it was crazy and hectic, I think I did pretty fantastic. :)

I was down in FL as well visiting family plus was playing with 2 extra kids so I think that helped keep my weight in check
  • jennegan1
    Options
    I gained ~8 lb, but I'm ok with that - Christmas cookies come but once a year.

Thats what I said about yesterday it only comes once a year so I can splurge a little bit
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am really surprised that I stayed the same. It was a free for all with food and I didn't gain a pound, but I feel like crap. Time to start working out again.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My weight gain started earlier than just the holidays...with the weather getting colder and the days being darker, I lost my drive to exercise like I was. Then the eating started early December. I ended up with about a 10 pound gain, roughly..maybe more. I joined the gym again just before Christmas and am back in action and ready to shed that extra weight once again.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    <--- Gained 6 pounds !
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Already back below pre-Xmas low weight.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I gained about 3 lbs since Halloween - when my profile pic was taken. im up 10 lbs since last summer.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I gained something like six pounds since Thanksgiving. I weighed myself and the number was worse than I'd anticipated. I'm nowhere near clinically overweight, but this a very high weight for me. It happens every winter holiday season: I don't get out to exercise because it's cold and inconvenient (and don't like formal exercise to begin with), I'm bombarded by food, and and am surrounded by overweight or obese people who love to eat all the time. It's always scary because I never know if I'll be able to get my weight down again. My past ability to say, "Enough!" is the reason my weight's never gotten out of control.

This season I decided not to fret too much and just to enjoy the food with a plan to lose weight now. Maybe I should have been harder on myself. With the arrival of the New Year, I'm trying to strike a balance between self-disgust and too much self-acceptance. It's always temporarily satisfying for me to berate myself, but I know now that if I want to direct energy towards this, it should be towards eating the right foods, avoiding the wrong ones, and being active.

A strict, streamlined, short-term diet has always helped me get back to an acceptable baseline and that is what I intend to do in a day or so.
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I gained a good 20 :) lol