Holiday Weight

Options
13»

Replies

• amrichards0711
    amrichards0711 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hadn't gained anything as of Monday, but since then I've gained about 2 pounds of water weight. This week, instead of Christmas week, is going to be my week of indulgence. With my daughter's birthday tomorrow and a special family day on Friday, I have about two more days of splurging ahead of me. Then I plan to start paring down to normal and full-speed ahead with healthy eating on Monday. I have 9 more pounds to lose (plus losing the holiday weight) by my wedding anniversary in March.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I didn't check the scale but by my calorie estimates ~2 pounds or so. I have no interest in checking--just cleaning up my diet and moving on.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I gained something like six pounds since Thanksgiving. I weighed myself and the number was worse than I'd anticipated. I'm nowhere near clinically overweight, but this a very high weight for me. It happens every winter holiday season: I don't get out to exercise because it's cold and inconvenient (and don't like formal exercise to begin with), I'm bombarded by food, and and am surrounded by overweight or obese people who love to eat all the time. It's always scary because I never know if I'll be able to get my weight down again. My past ability to say, "Enough!" is the reason my weight's never gotten out of control.

This season I decided not to fret too much and just to enjoy the food with a plan to lose weight now. Maybe I should have been harder on myself. With the arrival of the New Year, I'm trying to strike a balance between self-disgust and too much self-acceptance. It's always temporarily satisfying for me to berate myself, but I know now that if I want to direct energy towards this, it should be towards eating the right foods, avoiding the wrong ones, and being active.

A strict, streamlined, short-term diet has always helped me get back to an acceptable baseline and that is what I intend to do in a day or so.

I understand how you feel...Most of my family are either over weight or obese but when Sept came I finally had enough and said no longer will I eat like I am....You see other people eating food and think well Ill join in with them and eat right along. But I realize in order for my girls to learn good eating habits is to show them good eating habits. My oldest has changed her ways of eating and even working out more and when she sees a new work out routine she wants to try it or have me try it with her....So I keep on saying Im doing this for my girls dont give up in the short run, keep on going for the long run...Best of luck to you

Thank you. On top of what I've described, I'm convinced that eating certain foods triggers cravings. If I were on my own most of the time with control over what went into my fridge it wouldn't be a problem -- I simply would bring things into the house -- but food is everywhere during the holidays.