Breakfast???

Options
I have the hardest time finding things for breakfast that will keep me full and has low calories and that can be cooked/prepared at work. Let me know what kind of things you eat for breakfast. Thank You!!! :wink: :wink:

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    try replacing breakfast with a fruit and a protein bar.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Shakeology every day! Today was chocolate egg nog. Yum!!:drinker:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I eat either oatmeal or yogurt with fruit
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My latest breakfast discovery is a multigrain oatmeal (PC Blue Menu, if you happen to live somewhere where they carry it)--for 170 cals, it gives you 6 grams of fiber, and I find I need to add a little bit of honey to sweeten it (1/2 tbsp = 30 cals, bringing the total to 200 calories). All you need is boiling water, although most days I also add a splash of milk as well. It comes in plain and cinnamon spice, but so far I've only tried the plain version, because I love the ability to add different spices or dried fruit, etc. so breakfast can be different every morning.

I know 200-250 cals can seem like a lot, depending on what your daily allowance is, but this stuff keeps you full for at least a couple of hours, and it's perfect "comfort food" for when the days are short in the winter.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can prepare some oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon in the microwave, if you have one at work. I think it tastes better on the stove, but add a little stevia and it sweetens it right up.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like the Great Value brand Strawberry Awake cereal with skim milk. The cereal itself is 110 calories for 1 cup, and I usually do 1.5 cups to fill me up without using a ton of calories.
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I need eggs for breakfast. :love: I can do oatmeal or fruit and yogurt sometimes but I usually do the Jimmy Dean D'lights because they are portable and fast. They have egg whites turkey sausage or bacon, and cheese. I am totally a pork eater so I was a little worried about turkey bacon but they are good. :drinker:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Special K - Vanilla Almond w/Silk Almond Milk 182 calories.
  • lykarok
    lykarok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat a medium banana, small light yogurt and 1/4 C fiber one all mixed together. Usually holds me over pretty well!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast food so this is a challenge for me too.

I make oatmeal with the water cooler hot water.
    Boiled egg
    Orange or Apple
    Yogurt
    Sometimes I'll just take deli sliced turkey 98% fat free, cream cheese and these sandwich thins I found at walmart and have a sandwich.
  • colechillin
    Options
    I eat one egg white and one whole egg, a piece of cheese and 2 pieces of mulit grain toast. This will get me through the entire morning without even thinking of food until lunch :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I keep Fiber One original cereal at my desk - it's a cubicle. There is a community fridge that I keep skim milk in. I also have a little electric kettle at my desk for heating water and keep oatmeal here. I'll bring in fruit to go with the cereal or oatmeal. It's working!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker oatmeal high fiber maple and brown sugar oatmeal. 10g of fiber will get you through the morning with very little calores :smile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs w/ some yogart and fresh fruit, or with Turkey bacon (you can cook and then reheat it at work) Sometimes I'll have a half of bagel (can't remember then name but there under 100cal) w/ a wedge of laughing cow cheese. You can also pre-make an omlet filled with veggies and re-heat. A slice of weight watchers wheat bread with a tbsp of Peanut butter and a fruit. Cottage cheese with fruit. To name a few. Multigrain Oatmeal. . . mmmmm.
  • SallySahr
    Options
    My favorite, toasted Nutrigrain waffle with peanut butter and a banana sliced on top.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bran cereal, 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup of milk is only 100 calories and 57% of your fiber for the day which helps fill you up and then i take a banana for later and eat that between 10 and 11.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    I used to struggle with breakfast because I would try to find something to fill me up for 6 hours and I would always end up cheating with whatever I could find at the office (which was never healthy food). This would then be a downward spiral because I'd feel so bad about cheating that I would just give up and eat whatever I craved.

So instead I've started just eating small meals every 3 hours. So I'll start off the morning with a Greek yogurt, and then 3 hours later have a special K cereal bar, and then 3 hours later it's time for a small lunch, then 3 hours later have a snack, and then 3 hours later it's dinner. I never really get full, but I'm never really hungry either.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Silk - Organic No Sugar Added Soy Milk, 1 cup -OR- Horizon Organic Skim or 1% Milk, 1 cup
    Kashi - - Organic Cinnamon Harvest Shredded Wheat, 28 biscuits
    Fresh Fruit - Banana 7-8", 1 Medium
    Organic Brown Egg - Cage Free Egg, 1 Large Egg Hardboiled

-435 calories

Typical breakfast -- the protein and the fiber fill me up until lunch. The fruit helps kick the sugar/caffeine craving as well as kick starting blood sugar levels.

If I get hungry before lunch, I'll usually snack on some almonds as well for some healthy fat and protein.
  • Gafoe
    Gafoe Posts: 5
    Options
    Instant oatmeal (100 cals) with splenda, or for 120 cals flavored instant oatmenl. Then eat some fresh fruit between the oatmeal and lunch. I also have a yogurt between lunch and going home. I do not feel hungry
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Usually I would have fruit with yogurt and granola or just some fruit but really I am an egg person. Here is a link to hungry girl egg in a cup, they are soo delicous and easy and quick. You could buy a 500 ml of egg whites and keep it in the fridge at work and it would last you four days. With this I also have one or two peices of whole grain toast and I am not even hungry for hours later.

I have to cook my eggs in the cup for 2 mins 15 seconds though so just play around with what works for you. Enjoy.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784