anyone doing Chalene Extreme??

I just got Chalene Extreme for my birthday this week! I am just familiarizing myself with the workouts right now and plan on starting the program/schedule soon as the holiday season is done!
Has anyone had good results doing this program? If so did you follow the meal plan or do your own, if did your own what calorie range did you eat! I was thinking if I stay I under 1500 and have a deficit I should be good!
Is anyone else starting this program in the New Year??

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Loved it. I only lost a few lbs, but several inches. I ate around 1500-1600, but not exactly strict on that. If I would have been strict, I would have had better results. Make sure you get enough protein or you will feel starved.

My goal through the program was not necessarily weight loss, but fat loss. I lost about 7 inches from waist and hips. I was really pleased with the program overall and will be doing it again sometime in the new year.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I did CXL twice and I'm doing it again in February so I will be cut for the spring/summer. :) I enjoyed that program so much. I lost a lot of inches and got firmer. My arms alone went from 18 inches (fat) to 11.5.

The scale did not move much, but like the poster above me my focus was fat loss (and strength gains). Besides I was changing my body composition and dropping pant sizes so I did not mind.

I did not do the meal plan or any meal plan because I knew I personally wouldn't stick to it or any meal plan long-term. I ate normal foods at a slight deficit and had a relaxed meal once a week.

Good luck!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    I've done it twice and LOVE it! I'll be doing it again in the new year once I have my baby to help me bounce back!

CLX helped me to lose the 20 lbs I needed to get to the 100 lb mark. Because of the amount of weights involved you'll want to pay attention to the nutrition guide, I ate around 1700 calories when I did it, sometimes a bit more. Your metabolism is going to get a lot higher so you'll need to fuel more!

Feel free to friend me, I LOVE talkin' CLX!
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    I just started Chalene Extreme today. I am really bad at sticking to exercise programs. I hope I can make it through this one!
  • mzthang77
    mzthang77 Posts: 43 Member
    I am doing a CLX/T25 hybrid since I need more cardio(just started yesterday). Feel free to add me!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Me! I have done it twice before...once by itself and once with a combo of Turbo Fire and training for a half marathon. The last time, particularly, was when I was in the best shape of my life. (I gained back a lot of weight through my dad's illness/death and my fourth pregnancy.) I just restarted it and am on week 2. I think I've already lost an inch in my waist. I am adding a little more cardio, and I am not counting calories but just trying to eat healthier for the most part.
  • cfeineigle
    cfeineigle Posts: 39 Member
    I started it last week! :smile:
    I am not following the meal plan but am counting my calories and I'm normally around 1500. Still getting used the the whole "lifting weights" thing. Have a feeling that I'm not necessarily using the correct amount of weight as I never reach a "fail" point. What kind of weight are you ladies using?

Feel free to add me too!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    I love the program. Completed it once, and am starting again, after a hiatus. I am 54 years old and find this program is doable for me, with minor modifications. I am just eating healthy and tracking on MFP. I could use some CLX buddies - feel free to add me!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    I am using hand weights that are adjustable, not like what Chalene uses. Mine I can add or subtract the werights to put on the bars. Right now I am doing lower body exercises with 20 lbs in each hand. I am going to buy more weights to add to it next time go to Walmart as I could go heavier now. I am at the end of week 3 of burn phase! Tomorrow is burn circuit 3, this week schedule got a bit messed up, but will get them all in.
    I have upped my calories because I was eating nowhere near enough for the workouts and I wasn't losding wright, but I am loosing inches.