30 Day Shred Starting Today - 10/18

Options
2»

Replies

• beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 level 1 today, and I am SORE from yesterday! I wanna take a break but I am just going to push through.
  • army_munchkin
    Options
    I bought this DVD last week and started it on Friday, but over the weekend I got lazy and didn't do it again until today!!! I found it much easier when I did it BEFORE my cardio LOL!!! I'll continue on with the program, my goal will be on level two this day next week!
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a day late but i would love to join the group. I've had the DVD since last year, I found it really hard so I gave up on the workout. That was then. This is now. I have already lost some weight so my first day was okay. My legs were burning that's for sure. This is a good change and it adds variety to my cardio. I look forward to some great results from myself and everyone else!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I found it much easier when I did it BEFORE my cardio LOL!!!

DEFINITELY! i also find it easier to get up the gusto to put the dvd in if i'm caffeinated! :laugh:
  • mcjabber
    Options

I am not doing the shred every day but every other day.. when I was doing it every day I gained weight, maybe fronm all the weights (3lbs) movements...

i'm so glad you posted this. i gained an annoying two pounds this week, and i'm telling myself it's because i'm 'bulking up'. ha! but i've been eating well, so it very well could be true.

i think every other day might be the way to go, and on off days i'll do a bunch of cardio.

but here's a small victory: i've now done the dvd 3 times (not counting once several weeks ago); i did level 1, then level 2, and just got finished with another level 1. and with a week, i've already noticed a MARKED difference in how hard the arms stuff is (that's where i'm a lot weaker). the leg stuff is easier too. and i'm way less sore than after the first time. i'm not seeing drastic results in the mirror yet, but i'm definitely convinced i'm getting stronger already! YAY! :happy:
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I started the 30DS on Monday too. I've done Monday and Tuesday, but skipped today. I'm shooting for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week. Thanks for starting the thread.
  • msstonediva
    msstonediva Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG... i got through the 30 day shred dvd last night and boy was it extremely tough... :ohwell: guess it's something i have to do...
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options

I am not doing the shred every day but every other day.. when I was doing it every day I gained weight, maybe fronm all the weights (3lbs) movements...

i'm so glad you posted this. i gained an annoying two pounds this week, and i'm telling myself it's because i'm 'bulking up'. ha! but i've been eating well, so it very well could be true.

i think every other day might be the way to go, and on off days i'll do a bunch of cardio.

but here's a small victory: i've now done the dvd 3 times (not counting once several weeks ago); i did level 1, then level 2, and just got finished with another level 1. and with a week, i've already noticed a MARKED difference in how hard the arms stuff is (that's where i'm a lot weaker). the leg stuff is easier too. and i'm way less sore than after the first time. i'm not seeing drastic results in the mirror yet, but i'm definitely convinced i'm getting stronger already! YAY! :happy:

That is what I have been doing...alternating day between shred and cardio (walking/jogging) the next..it has helped me so much..I have already lost 4 pound this week alone.

when I was doing the Shred, about a month ago today, I was doing it every single day. I, like you, need more help with arm strenght and noticed my arms less flabby. I do like the program and it has changed my body (made it a little tighter, all over) within the first ten days. I lasted 20 days on the program before I fell off so I restarted back to level one.

if you stick with it, at your own pace, you will see results...best success to all!!!
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2nd day done! It was so easy to give up but I fought my way though the BURN!! My quads are sore.
  • mcjabber
    Options
    Hey shredders! I'm hoping to work up the nerve to give level 1 another go today.

But... Jillian's got some 'splaining to do... I've definitely gained almost 4 lbs just this week. My calories are... fairly... under control, certainly not enough overboard for that much gain! I'm starving all the time, craving carbs (which I don't eat much of, usually, since I have a gluten problem and there's gluten in most carby things). I think I need a little encouragement over here, is that shameless? :blushing:

On the bright side, I've had tons of energy :) so that's a plus!
  • msstonediva
    Options
    10-25-10

cw 231.5
  • mcjabber
    Options
    i'm now pretty much in level 2, and the cardio is KILLING ME. anyone else with me on this? all that stuff in plank? YEESH! but today was easier than yesterday (by a TINY amount), so i guess it's working...

how's everyone hangin' in there?
  • msstonediva
    Options
    i havent done the dvd in over 1 week. my dvd player died and the dvd was stuck inside of it. so i took the dvd apart yesterday and retrieved my dvd... i plan to get back on track tomorrow
  • karenlmartel
    karenlmartel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I started 30 Day Shred Thursday Nov 7, I am on DAY 4!!! It is still hard, I still push through it. Planning on doing level 2 in 6days!!!
    Keep up the good work everyone!!!!