We are going to a buffett!!! Oh-No!

Options
2»

Replies

• JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Go to the local New-Age shop and buy a pendulum. Wave the pendulum over all the foods at the buffett, and put only the foods on your plate that the spirit moving the pendulum approves of.

When you get home, throw some D&D dice add up all the #'s. Use your pendulum to find one number the spirit in the pendulum likes. Multipy the total by that number, add your weight, and Viola! That's how many calories you consumed.

I've lost 12 lbs using this method.

This is a joke right? I was literally lol'ing but then when no punch line came, I was concerned that this was a real suggestion.

The way to tell it is a joke is that she didn't specify how many D&D dice to throw, and how many sides each of those dice had.

I was thinking crackpot. Anyone who would throw D&D dice must do so in character and depending on the character you will come out with different calorie count. Totally unreliable without stating who you are throwing as.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Also, I would say, don't sweat one day of not tracking your calories, as long as it is only one day and you get right back on that wagon immediately.

I will admit I have two "free" days every week: Saturday and Sunday. I haven't tracked those days since I started here in August, and I've pretty steadily lost 1 pound a week regardless. I try not to go completely crazy on the weekends, but those are the days when I eat things without knowing the calorie count and don't bother figuring it out. Eat until you're comfortably full and enjoy yourself.

That being said, I'm working on cutting my free days down to one per week. :)
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go to the local New-Age shop and buy a pendulum. Wave the pendulum over all the foods at the buffett, and put only the foods on your plate that the spirit moving the pendulum approves of.

When you get home, throw some D&D dice add up all the #'s. Use your pendulum to find one number the spirit in the pendulum likes. Multipy the total by that number, add your weight, and Viola! That's how many calories you consumed.

I've lost 12 lbs using this method.

I just hurt my whole core section reading this

Yeah? Well, I just blew my coffee into my keyboard reading this!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: breath breath :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    My co-workers must think I am crazy laughing in my office all by myself. This was priceless!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    What if you have a cloak of protection? Can you have that big slice of chocolate cake and it won't increase your damage?
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    When I go to buffets, it helps to remind myself that this isn't my last meal and that I will have many more wonderful tastes and I don't have to have everything I want RIGHT NOW.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do Golden Corral buffet on a regular basis. I have a tiny notepad that I jot down everything on my plate as I sit down with a full plate. I use shorthand and estimate serving sizes (ie: 1/4c peas, or 2 fr shmp). I know that certain foods are very bad, calorie wise, and I take smaller tastes of them. I usually choose the whole wheat yeast roll instead of the white one, avoid all the sauces and keep my serving sizes to a tablespoon or so each).

If I'm going to a new restaurant, I always look up their nutritional information online so I have an idea of what's in the food choices. I work out a little extra and save up a few calories, and it works out just fine.