How Do You Keep Track of Your Recipes?

Options
124»

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Evernote and Evernote Food...best apps ever for recipes. Snap pictures, clip from the web browser, scan as a searchable PDF, tags, notebooks and sub-notebooks...OMFG! It's the king of recipe management. Set up lists of ingredients to pop up on your phone when you pull into the parking lot of the supermarket!

I can't be the only one....

This is what I use.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ive been using an iPad app called The Recipe Box for a couple months. I can instantly download recipes from most of the major websites including skinnytaste, cooking light, and all recipes. I can copy paste recipes from Facebook or type them in manually. So far I really like it. It does not scale recipes but that is just a little bit of kitchen math. I can add notes them, categorize them, email them and put them into a shopping list I can print or email to myself.

I also have just started using Cozi and it has a meal planner which I haven't tried yet but looks interesting.
  • Sophieanna17
    Sophieanna17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just installed Evernote Food, thanks for the suggestion! I've tried so many things, this may work for me. Thank you!!
    Anyone else here use Evernote Food?
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have a binder with sections labeled "casseroles", "sides", "desserts", "crock pot", etc. and everything is printed on an 8.5" x 11" page and filed. I have an overwhelming amount of recipes and this really works for me.
  • adayinaz
    adayinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use Onenote on my PC (I'm under the impression that Evernote is a similar program for Mac, but I've never used it.) I organize my entire LIFE in this program with different "notebooks" for each section of my life. One notebook is Recipes and it has different tabs like the different sections in a cookbook. Each page of the section is a different recipe. You can take screenshots (like for those mini recipes you find on Facebook or Pinterest), you can type stuff in by hand, you can scan hard copies (or use your device's camera). You can even set Onenote as your printer and when you find recipes online you can "Print to Onenote". This takes the page as it would have printed out on paper, and saves it as an image to Onenote.

Added benefit? I bring my tablet to the grocery store. So if it turns out that, for example, there's a great sale on green beans, I can just pull up Onenote and search for green beans to find recipes.

I'm sure there are lots of great ideas out there but this is the one that has worked best for me!
  • RomanHolidayGirl
    Options
    I just tried PepperPlate and it is awesome! You can save all your recipes on one site.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I started a blog! ;)

As for the recipes I gather - I have a binder filled with sheet protectors (so I can slip recipes/notes inside of them).
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of recipe files that are made for this purpose so they have plastic wallets built in to slide in magazine cut outs etc as well as pages for you to just write on or stick things. I find thos pretty useful for recipes that I find in magazines or if a friend or my mum makes something I like I can just jot it down in one of the blank pages.

For recipes online I have an awesome app on my ipad that allows you to take a recipe from any website at all and then allows you to format it into one template to create your very own recipe book. It is brilliant and I love it

http://www.therecipeboxapp.com/

I use it all the time. There are some websites that you can auto import from, at least 20+ sites so if you find a recipe on those sites you can import it with just 1 click, but for sites that it isn't set up to auto sync with, you can still import any recipe just in a few extra clicks but still only takes a minute or two per recipe to transfer it into the app. Of course you can also input your own personal recipes too if you want to add things manually. I have tried loads of apps that all do the same type of thing, mealboard is another app for the same purpose, but the recipe box one is my personal favourite as I just like its layout and find it easy to use.