Am I an Apple or an Hourglass?

For a while now I've considered myself an apple, but looking at pictures I just don't see the similarities.

My Measurements are;

Bust: 39in

Waist: 33in

Hips: 40.5in

So there's a good 6 inches between my bust and waist. And 7.5 between my waist and Hips, from what I've read apples are pretty straight up and down with a large bust, so if I was an apple there shouldn't really be such a huge difference between my waist and hips? But it's hard for my to call myself an hourglass as I am carrying a good chunk of extra weight...

I want to know because there's certain foods to eat and avoid and better exercises depending on body shapes apparently. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jojoba29
    jojoba29 Posts: 6 Member
    I think on your measurements it looks like you are an hourglass?

There's an article today which might help x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2532407/The-four-body-shapes-hold-key-womans-weight-loss-according-celebrity-personal-trainer.html
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I would say hour glass. I'm larger then you and I'm still think of myself as hourglass.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I want to know because there's certain foods to eat and avoid and better exercises depending on body shapes apparently. Thanks in advance.

this is utter rubbish!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    If you google 'body shape calculator', there are a few websites that you can put your measurements in and it will give you an estimation of body shape. I put your measurements in 3 and they all came out as a 'straight' body type.

Oh yeah, and this:

this is utter rubbish!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    If your waist is substantially smaller than your bust and hips then you are hourglass. Apple is where your stomach sticks out more than the rest of you:ohwell: I went from being a UK size 16/18 to a UK 12/14, but all the way my waist was smaller than my bust/hips.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    All I know is that

"I'm a pineapple, and she's a Palm Tree"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member

this is utter rubbish!

That's your opinion and wasn't the opinion that was asked for.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Traditional hourglass has the same bust and hip measurement. Apple is larger bust than hip. So I would say neither... I would say pear.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    From what I remember (and I could be wrong) the minimum difference between bust, waist and hips is 9" to be considered and hourglass. Eg something like 36-27-36 (inches) I am 40-29-40 and have always been considered and hourglass. Less than 9" and it is rectangular. Also as someone mentioned before an apple is round in the middle it might look something like 38- 44-37 good luck to you hope you find what information you are looking for :smile:
  • TavistockToad

this is utter rubbish!

you are joking, arent you?
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    I'd say hourglass most likely!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    You might find this interesting. ( http://www.precisionnutrition.com/fix-a-broken-diet ) It describes body types and recommended food types.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Do not put such media created, abominable body image labels upon yourself.

You are human being.
  • i agee Totally
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member

this is utter rubbish!

You didn't post an opinion that she agreed with, you big bully!
  • TavistockToad

this is utter rubbish!

You didn't post an opinion that she agreed with, you big bully!

i am a terrible person...

in my defence, the OP should have been clearer that she only wanted posts that were in agreement...

i mean imagine posting on a public forum and people having opinions different to your own... the world has gone mad....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

You are human being.

This. Why does it matter what "body shape" you have? There is certainly no diet or foods that aid in weight loss for different body shapes.
  • TavistockToad

You are human being.

This. Why does it matter what "body shape" you have? There is certainly no diet or foods that aid in weight loss for different body shapes.

I'm sorry but you're not allowed to have that opinion in this thread...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    You might find this interesting. ( http://www.precisionnutrition.com/fix-a-broken-diet ) It describes body types and recommended food types.

I'm glad you posted this. It's very interesting and makes a lot of sense.
  • really?