homemade pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying making an individual pizza using flatbread; I use one that's multi-grain with flax. I use canola oil and some spices instead of sauce since I don't really like tomato, along with turkey pepperoni instead of regular.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    SAUSAGE
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Sour dough starter crust
    Fig spread
    Carmelized red onions (from my garden)
    Blue cheese
    Bacon
    Mozzarella

Enjoy:smile:
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy a plain cheese pizza! I limit my cheese to 100 grams for the whole pizza though. My family loves my chicken tikka pizza. I buy the ready meat and flavour the crust with korma seasonings, they love it! Ham and pineapple is another fave.

My pizza per slice with just my cheese and seasoned passatta sauce is about 90 calories a slice!
    [/quote

would love your recipe for the pizza !!! ]
  • brownbeauty2013
    brownbeauty2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Also an alternative for the dough you can use tortilla wraps, then use salsa or pizza sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni, banana peppers, jalapenos, and peppers.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I like making chicken alfredo pizza with spinach.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I use homemade dough and bruschetta topping (usually olive oil, spices, tomatoes, and crushed garlic) instead of pizza sauce with fresh oven-roasted onions, garlic, and herbs (usually basil and thyme). I also usually use fresh mozzarella cut into chunks instead of shredded cheese and nice crispy bacon, and it turns out wonderful every time.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I use frozen dough balls form Sam's club rolled real thin. All cooked on the grill. Used to like it meat heavy but since MFP.

Green/red peppers
    Onions (lots)
    Banana peppers
    jalapeno peppers
    Turkey sausage
    Beef (93% lean and only on occasion.
  • virginialee78
    Options
    We love making this Grilled Chicken Mediterranean pizza using the Naan flatbread all the time! I grill all the veggies and chicken on our indoor grill on the stove so it takes a little while but it's so worth it!

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, sliced in half length-wise, and each pounded flat (then marinate in any Italian dressing)
    1 Naan flatbread (contains 2 flatbreads)
    1 zuchinni (cut in bite size pieces)
    1 squash (cut in bite size pieces)--instead of the squash you can use eggplant.
    4 garlic cloves (finely chopped or minced)
    Extra virgin olive oil - 2 TBSP
    Roma tomatoes (4 each sliced)
    black olives sliced (small can)
    Asiago Cheese (enough to cover top of pizza ingredients)
    Feta Cheese (as much or little as you like)
    fresh baby spinach (small handful)
    fresh basil (cut into ribbons)
    salt and pepper to taste

***You can also add artichoke hearts (which I also grill), and carmelized onion, or whatever veggies you like. When I'm done adding everything, it's piled quite high on the flatbread!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

First I place the 2 flatbreads side by side on a large baking sheet. Then you cut the chicken breast in half length-wise and pound them flat (I put them in a gallon size baggie and let out the air to make it easier). Pour in the Italian dressing to coat generously and sit aside while you are preparing the other ingredients. Then you cut the zuchinni and squash (and the artichokes if you are using them too--slice the artichoke heart in half) into bite size pieces and put in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil... about 1 TBSP and stir them to coat. I put them on my Jenn-Air grill until they brown up nicely and then turn them over (maybe a good 4-5 minutes each side)... you don't want them to get too limp or soggy. (If you don't have a grill, you can use a large frying pan on med-high heat and sear them on each side until brown). Remove from the grill and put them aside in a bowl. Brown the garlic in a small amount of olive oil or cook with the onion (if you are using onion)... just don't burn the garlic. Then I grill the marinated chicken breasts. It's easy to tell when it's time to turn the chicken... the uncooked side will get a whiter color as the pink goes away. Turn the chicken and cook maybe 4 minutes more. Remove the chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice the chicken into strips 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. Assemble your ingredients and begin to top your pizza.

First, drizzle both flatbreads with about 1 TBSP of olive oil. Add the grilled veggies (zuchinni, squash, eggplant, carmelized onion, garlic, artichoke, etc. whatever you want to use!) evenly over both flatbreads. Then add the sliced tomato to both evenly (you may sprinkle them with a small amount of salt and pepper if you wish). Then top each flatbread with the sliced chicken evenly. Add the black olives and the fresh baby spinach leaves evenly. Then add the Feta cheese (I usually buy the chunk Feta and just break off about 9-10 small pieces and place on top of each flatbread evenly. Then I add the Asiago cheese to cover each and then sprinkle the fresh basil ribbons on top. (Some of the toppings and cheese may fall off the "pile", so I just put it back on the pizza.

Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy! (I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but my god it's worth it... it's very good!

(Just a tip... When you take them out of the oven, it would be great If you have a flat "pizza mover" -- like a very large spatula. I use that to gently lift the pizza out of the baking sheet (it keeps it all in one piece) and sit the flatbread (while still on the pizza mover) onto the plate. While it's still on the "pizza mover", I cut it into four slices with a rolling pizza cutter. I kind of use a fork to hold the pizza in place while I cut it. Then I slowly tilt the pizza mover and slide the whole pizza down onto the plate using the fork or whatever to gently push it.