22.5 lbs gone, Big Difference, Half way mark!

Options
katiemn
katiemn Posts: 13 Member
Let me start by saying I am short-ish 5'3".

I am a stay at home mom. I love food.

One night I had a parent teacher conference (kid is 5) and I put on jeans. When I got home I cried to my husband about feeling awful in the jeans. I felt like a huge whale. I told him I could not go on anymore being fat. Being the awesome guy he is he told me he would challenge me to see who get healthy (not lose weight, but be healthy, lose weight to a goal and maintain goal). I took him up on the challenge. He has lost 17 lbs since and is still working on his goal.

That night I took pictures. I did not look at the pictures. Not once since I took them.

Today being the new year I took new pictures. This time I looked at them and compared them.

11701305953_337c6689de.jpg
weight loss 1 by katiemtoman, on Flickr

I have lost 22.5 lbs. I am almost half way to my goal. All I have done is eat healthy, counting calories and exercising more. Since I hate gyms I do it at home. Surprisingly walking and wii fit is working. Who knew!

I hope your new year is filled with joy, weight loss and good food.

Replies

• farbs
    farbs Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, well done!
  • katiemn
    Options
    Wow you look great, well done!

thank you!
  • 2014_for_me
    Options
    You look great! Good work.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    And I'm looking at this right? Over 20 pounds in two months? Regardless if I'm reading it correctly or not you look great. Keep it up, you're a super star:)
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job! You may only be halfway to your goal, but you look fabulous :)
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!! well done and SMARTLY done
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look awesome! Will be waiting to see the last half - goal pic.s!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    WTG!! What a big differnence! You look amazing! :drinker:
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both you and your husband. It is a great feeling isnt it. :)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
  • katiemn
    Options
    And I'm looking at this right? Over 20 pounds in two months? Regardless if I'm reading it correctly or not you look great. Keep it up, you're a super star:)

yes! All because I learned to eat better. (I still am learning too) and exercising. I also gave up 3-4 cans coke a day for 3-4- bottles of water.

Thanks all. I feel so much better about myself and love having energy to play with my kid now. I am excited to be on this journey and learn to live better.
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome,,, hard work does pay off!!!!!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My gosh, that's wonderful! You look terrific, and are very inspiring. :smile:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You're looking wonderful! Congratulations on your healthy achievements!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a diff. And how SWEET of your hubby to know you enough to challenge you to get HEALTHY!! Tell him I give him a HIGH FIVE for that!!

Congrats on what BOTH of you have done so far. Thanks for sharing.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're doing things right and you'll surely get there......you look lovely! Keep up the good work!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Almost the same start weight as me, very inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    whoa, you look incredible
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!:flowerforyou:
  • rwbeee6749
    rwbeee6749 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds is when I always get cocky and fall off. Then 15 of the 20 creeps back on. Then I lose another 20. ... And so on.

Halfway is a dangerous and wonderful feeling. You look astounding. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!