Hello MFP....again

Options
Hello all, 2 years ago I joined MFP and lost 95lbs. Somehow I lost my focus and ended up gaining it all back and of course a little bit more. I am back again and looking for others that have been through the same thing or anyone that is motivating or needs motivation as well. I found MFP to be very helpful before and I plan on sticking with it for good this time. :smile:

I also am using a fitbit so looking for friends on there as well if you happen to use one.

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Most of us have been in your position… me especially! If you think we would be a good match give me a shout! I'm a daily user and the worlds biggest cheerleader! :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back, John. :) I have a fitbit as well (got it for Christmas - LOL!).

I'm at work right now, so unable to access the fitbit site. If you send me a request here, I'll be able to find you easier when I get home and am able to give you my fitbit URL. :)
  • Friends requests sent, thanks ladies :)
  • aamarh
    aamarh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Guys

I've recently started using this app, think its a very good way to help with being disciplined with your diet, one thing im not sure about is when i add strength training it doesn't reflect the calories burnt?? it does for cardo exercise???..Anyway i wanted to start being more health and fitter and to improve my metabolism age and rate.

Thanks
  • runner_mom1
    Options
    I'm in the same position as you John! I am determined to stay on track this time and I am also looking for supportive friends and like "groomchick", I am also a good cheerleader. I am also a fitbit user :)
  • lisapalla
    lisapalla Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - lost 23, gained all back. Need to get it off and take it off! would love to support you and vise versa!
  • kbirdee
    Options
    Me too John, in 2011, I was running, used MFP daily lost 45 lbs, every bit is back on---had gall bladder surgery in late 2012, with two gastro procedures, took off a year, didnt want to exercise etc. New job, bad habits eating on the run blah blah. I'm ready to get focused again. Set up a new account! I never ever want to weigh over 200 again, somebody slap me!
  • megot78
    megot78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Starting over is hard, but we can do it!
  • jenn7129
    jenn7129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing. Lost 36 pounds and in the last year managed to put back on 15. I am trying to lose the 15 I had put on plus another 5 that I was shooting for then. Started Insanity and logging my food again. I am in my second week and I am starting to notice changes. Keep it up! We all can do this together! :)