I, too, am starting over.

Options
I have been "overweight" for most of my life, and I have been trapped in a cycle where I lose some and gain more for too long. I have always been timid to write posts because seeing my thoughts in writing is hard.

But after recording my thoughts as I start over, I am slowly getting into the mindset where it is easier to see the words somewhere else than carrying them with me when I am exercising or improving my eating habits. I only start a couple of days ago and I have a long way to go, again, but hopefully this time I get it right.

Replies

• ArteriaJones326
    ArteriaJones326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please... Feel free to add me. Its so important that we motivate each other. I know will do fine! and your being real with yourself! we are all here to hold you and each other accountable.
  • t73reed
    t73reed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally understand....you do have to change the way you think...I have finally reached that point through God's help. I have come to realize that it's okay if I don't stuff my face with three helpings of chocolate chip cookies (I would usually eat 6-8 in just one sitting). I have reached the point I can have one or two and I feel comfortable and haven't gone over my calories. Even if I had, I now know that I am exercising now and will hop back on track tomorrow. My greatest advice to you is ask for God to help you and then take your time. I have lost 16 pounds in 8 months. I am moving very slowly and am happy with this. My friends that tried to go too fast have already fallen off the wagon and gained their weight back. Find a slow and comfortable calorie count for you. It takes baby steps. Start cutting back slowly and make sure you still find a way to keep your favorite foods in you count until you can slowly widdle them away. Good Luck!
  • TeamAliyah
    TeamAliyah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% mental, 20% physical. A friend of mine told me this and that 80% really can get to you. Feel free to add me as well for support and encouragement!
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The HARDEST part for me is the mental part. While I'm exercising I will get tired and rather than trying to catch my wind and keep pushing, I'll start walking. Or I talk myself out of exercising altogether. I REALLY do want to change but how to you stop your brain from being your worst enemy?