Good morning America weight loss success stories

Options
There were 3 women on Good Morning America this morning who shared their success stories. They all had lost at least half of their weight. It was pretty amazing! (If anyone can find the link and post it on here that would be awesome)

These women looked phenomenal! They all battled some kind of health issue, food addiction or something they battled and they were so inspirational. I heard a few things that they had done to start losing weight.

One woman began waking her dog outside all of the time and ended up losing over 30 lbs in the first month
A second woman started using her kids dinner plates and started teaching herself portion control w/o counting calories (just focusing on making sure that at least half the plate was vegetables)
I don't remember the third woman.

My point for posting this was it was something that I needed to see. I did not want to wait until the new year to start my lifestyle change. I started on Dec 28 and here I am 5 days in. I'm not even stepping on the scale. I'm not worried about being obsessed with the little things I use to. I want to concentrate on my macros and research things like saturated fat, how too much of it is really bad for me ( considering i'm fighting high choloesterol) I want to eat healthy, not just eat less. I have realized this is going to be a long journey and I'm ready for it.

Happy 5th day to me! (normally I'd quit by now, but I"m still here)

I'm thankful for this site and for Good morning America for giving me the extra push that I needed this morning!

Replies

• FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Awesome, thanks. I couldn't find it but I wanted others to see it. So inspirational!!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Using her kid's plate! Why didn't I ever think of this?! That's genius.
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The kid's plate in an awesome idea! Amazing transformations
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing- we all have to start somewhere..
  • Audrey24HisSuccessStory
    Options
    Thanks Fabulously for bringing these awesome success stories to our attention. I don't watch tv much, so I wouldn't have known! Great job on the positive mindset and happy 5th!! You're going to do great. I can tell. Thanks Taut for posting the link.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Using a small plate is a good way to make yourself feel as though you are having more. I've used salad plates the same way before. Your normal serving sizes for each portion of a meal, once on the plate, make it look very full and your mind will see it as a lot of food.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I watched the videos, and the women are gorgeous nowadays.
    There were visual equivalencies of the weight each woman had lost:
    -43 fifty-ounce bottles of laundry detergent,
    -16 spare tires,
    -loveseat holding 5 small dogs!
    I wish the length of time required to lose the weight had been mentioned,
    as well as the amount of time they've each been on Maintenance,
    but there has to be SOME reason to buy the magazine.
    I intend to lose more than half of my starting weight of 315 pounds,
    so this was a great video for me.
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    When I saw that one woman had lost the amount of weight equivalent to those tires it blew my mind!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options

Haha that's exactly what I said!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started using a salad plate to eat dinner off of and it really does help me to naturally select smaller portions. :)

I tried my kids plates, but I feel more adult eating off a pretty plate.
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    I started using a salad plate to eat dinner off of and it really does help me to naturally select smaller portions. :)

I tried my kids plates, but I feel more adult eating off a pretty plate.

Even using a salad plate is a great idea
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great job OP!

I saw this this morning too. Such awesome stories! Made me want to submit mine on day! :smile:
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Haha that's exactly what I said!

Seriously! That's a great idea. My 3yo has several plates with sections on them that are perfect for having 1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch. I was putting together just such a healthful plate of beans/broccoli, lentil loaf, and mashed potatoes for her just last night, and it never occurred to me to do the same for myself. Instead, I used an "adult" plate, and am sure more than 1/4 of it ended up being potatoes. Genius! Thanks!
  • ChanaRo
    ChanaRo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    << I want to eat healthy, not just eat less.>>

Best. Quote. Ever.

<<I have realized this is going to be a long journey and I'm ready for it.>>

Yeah, when people ask me "what are you doing? What's your plan?" and I answer "changing my life is my plan" they're a little freaked. Our society expects instant gratification and quick fixes to everything, but this is really a way of living, not just something we're "doing" temporarily. When people ask me what I'm "doing" to lose the weight I get so frustrated. They're also surprised when they ask me how much I've lost so far and I have to stop and think about it or else I flat out say "I don't know, I don't remember." They're shocked! "But isn't that the whole POINT?" No, that is NOT the point. The point is that I'm living a healthier life now and the weight coming off is a natural consequence of better choices. It's something I want, but it's not my main focus or my main goal. My main goal is to live well, be healthy, be strong, feel good. Which is happening! And I'm not going to quit what I've been doing when I reach my goal weight, that's the whole point. This is a way to truly LIVE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!