Healthy Snacks

Options
My family and I are going to be eating healthier. I need great healthy kid friendly snack ideas, what can I throw in a trail mix for a 6 yr old who loves his meat and potatoes but no veggies or fruits, well he is starting to like fruits more. Also good healthy snacks for after school or on the weekends. We eat alot of junk in our house but not anymore, I need help with ideas.

Replies

• atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Throw in some dried raisin's or any dried fruit, nuts, pretzels, marshmellows, and even some unsweet cereal. My son is a wrestler and we make this for him every season.
  • KristenY18
    Options
    You could do teddy grahams....low cal and fat. Also what about yogurt covered raisins??
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great choice you're making! :drinker: It's never too late to correct food habits at home :wink:

Peanut butter and Banana sandwiches are a hit at my house at any time of the day :tongue: If my little one's hesitant, I use cookie cutters to make shapes out of it, and she goes nuts over it, regardless of what's in it :wink:

JELLO!!!! (Jigglers!!!) :smile:

Try "Ants on a Log" - Celery (pull off the strings first), peanut butter and raisins.

Fiber One Muffins (comes in a box to bake)

2% Kraft Cheese Strings :tongue:

2% Cottage Cheese, and once I got her hooked on that, I can now add any fruit to that and she's happy! :wink: If I try to serve it alone, she'll ask me for grapes or strawberries!

I'll add another note if I can think of more, ok! Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: