insanity missing workouts

I'm currently in month two of insanity and seen some results. But for the last three days being holidays and all I've missed out on my workouts I was just womdering if anyone out there could help me out how to go about getting back on track. Thinking if I work out till sunday and start again monday if that'll work. I JUST DONT KNOW HELP PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Start back, just repeat the week. If you take the whole week off you are going to run the risk of not starting back at all.
  • So u think if I start today and just do the workout till sunday. Then repeat the week again starting from monda.
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    It really isn't going to matter in the long run, the main thing is get back into it. Do you normally have a set day you take off? what I would do, is that if say, Sunday is your normal day off, then do the remaining "3 days" of a week leading up to Sunday so you can take Sun off, and start back with a normal full week come Monday. Or, if days off don't matter, then just start a new week and just go the full 6 days, and take your day off on day 7 next week, and just start a new cycle.

I know what you mean though, it's been hard getting back into it myself, I have to start up again after my knee. I've had enough other little things to keep occupied with and get some calories burned (and stuff that I couldn't really keep putting off) that I haven't started my final 2 week stretch yet, after 2 weeks off. I'll be extending my last 2 weeks though, and doing another couple weeks afterwards - basically starting my month 2 all over again. You haven't been out nearly that long, you should be fine. Just get back into it somehow!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    So u think if I start today and just do the workout till sunday. Then repeat the week again starting from monda.

i'd say yes it wouldn't hurt you have come a long way
  • Yes sundays have been my off day and I'm really motivated to keep going and maybe do a second round before starting a new program. That sucks about your knee but I believe insanity makes u strong not just physically but mentally as well so we push ourselves to "dig deeper" lol my lil guy is always saying that around the house thanks for the advice guys
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    So u think if I start today and just do the workout till sunday. Then repeat the week again starting from monda.

Look at it like this, you are really only doing 3 extra workouts. Sunday is your rest day so do the normal Th, F Sa workouts and then pretend you took the whole week off. Start the week over on Monday. I got sick when I did Insanity and missed 3 days, this was my approach.