in need of tips for getting back on track

Options
so we had a major change in the family in late September my dad moved in I did so so in October but November and December went to hell. I am busyer now taking care of him but really want to find my motivation and balace and commitment again any tips?

Replies

• Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Take a hike, literally. Your dad has invaded your space, so while trying to adjust to that go for walks. Indulge in some "me time" and stay ahead of the game by preparing delicous and healthy meals for your family. Taking in a parent is a chore, no matter what your level of comfort is with them. Let that be your reason to get "back on track". Or adverse to that, take your dad for a walk with you. I am sure you and he would probably appreciate the time together. If he moved in because he needs to be taken care of, put him in a wheel chair and consider it resistence training for you and mental stimulation for him.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    when I need motivation I read threw the success stories on MFP and realize I want to be one of them.... or I look at starting point pics of myself just for a little scare tactic.