Using beads in a jar to track loss

Options
2»

Replies

• LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I too think I would add something to a jar to show how much I have lost. I really like this idea though and might have to do the same thing :D
  • eustinjean
    eustinjean Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Great visual. For a while I put a $1 in a jar for every day I stayed under calorie goal and exercised at least 30 minutes. However I found finding bills to be tough and the jar got full. I like the idea of using beads instead.
  • InkedMommy2013
    Options
    I think that's a great idea! I might do the same :)
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pretty blue vases. On one vase I put "Pounds to Lose" and on the other vase I put "Pounds lost" in pretty scrapbooking letter stickers. I have marbles of how many pounds I have to lose and then transfer them over to pounds lost as I can. It's cool to watch the pounds lost grow and the pounds to lose shrink. Unfortunately I need to transfer some back after these last few months :(
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's a good visual! The Potterhead in me would label the pounds lost jar "Gryffindor" and the pounds to lose jar "Slytherin." That way, I lose weight and Gryffindor wins the house cup.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is the best.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I use $1.00 bills - add to a jar each time I lose a pound. I will have some case saved to buy a new pair of shoes or something by the time I am finished!

I like this idea!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've actually always wanted to do this and I think it would help me immensely! Especially when I gain weight back and have to put the "beads" (or whatever) back into the "pounds to lose" jar which would be a great reminder that I already worked so hard to lose those and now I have to work hard to lose them AGAIN! I'll definitely be doing this after April :) I should get the jars ready to go so I have no excuse
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    I've actually always wanted to do this and I think it would help me immensely! Especially when I gain weight back and have to put the "beads" (or whatever) back into the "pounds to lose" jar which would be a great reminder that I already worked so hard to lose those and now I have to work hard to lose them AGAIN! I'll definitely be doing this after April :) I should get the jars ready to go so I have no excuse

That is true! I never thought of it that way.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Think I would prefer to track oz, but I like the concept.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I use $1.00 bills - add to a jar each time I lose a pound. I will have some case saved to buy a new pair of shoes or something by the time I am finished!

I love this idea. I have a reward set for myself when I lose a certain amount of weight and now I will have to "buy" it with my loss.

A few years ago when I lost 70 pounds, I used to go to the store and look at how many boxes of butter I lost. :laugh:
  • Ellensixtyplus
    Options
    No, I haven't used that beads method, but I think it's a cool idea; I track my eating in my kitchen diary, by the hour. If I behave ALL DAY, I put a green sticker at the bottom of the page. If it's not so perfect I fold under some of the sticker and attach it to the page! If I really haven't behaved, I (1) log the food/drink I shouldn't have had next to the hour when I consumed it, and (2) there's NO GREEN STICKER at the bottom of the page for that day. it's very encouraging to see a row of stickers, but I have to admit, I haven't had a row of 7 in any week! Well, it's new year and I'm going to try again. I find if I am too exact with tracking weight loss, I get discouraged, so I only weigh myself at my medical centre about once a month. I can tell just from looking at myself in the mirror if I am trimming down. I don't want to be 'thin' just presentably 'comely' for a 62 year old! (If that sounds like a cop-out, I have lost 10 kilos already and no longer look like a butter ball!) I have been trying to chase off the last 3 kilos of flab for months. I hope that sticking more faithfully to my exercise regime (and it's not too hard) I will lose the weight. I love walking and that is much more attractive than indoor exercises.