A New Beginning

Options
Cliche? Probably.

Is it just like every other new year. Absolutely.

But everyone has to start somewhere, right? And as awful as this may be, this is my new beginning. It has to be.

My name is Sabrina, I am a 28 year old living in warm Central Florida. I am a wannabe runner that loves to travel, eat, and go to Walt Disney World. Truth: this is not my first go around on MyFitnessPal,

I am currently 222 pounds and my first goal is to get down to 190 by May 30th (my birthday), but realistically I would just love to be in ONEderland again! I made a few resolutions this year, but I am going to focus on a single word too. FINISH. I want to finish the things I start in 2014. My healthiness journey, a training plan for a race, and anything else. I just want to finish what I start without half *kitten*-ing it.

I need accountability and support. I need friends that build me up when I fail and push me forward when I am succeeding. Of course, I want to do the same for you. So, let's do this together and make it our year. Friend me if you would like! :smile:

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hey Sabrina, it's not my first go round either. But, we're here, aren't we? That means we keep trying, and that's what people who succeed do.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck to you...hope you reach your goals
  • Sabrina_Alex
    Sabrina_Alex Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Same to you!
  • Sabrina_Alex
    Options
    Yes, it's not over until we stop trying.
  • kdrayz
    kdrayz Posts: 12
    Options
    Best of luck on your new journey. I've started over a million times as well, never stop trying.
  • tdawgrn
    Options
    Hey, I am Tiffany I am 25 and live in Columbus, ohio (not very sunny like you) I am in the same boat as you, I have tried and tried and tried to loose weight and i feel like this year is the year! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request :)

I'm starting over again (sorta) and focusing on eating healthy and exercising.
  • RoseyDaFittie
    Options
    Same here,been at this for long and 2014 is gonna be the year we're all gonna go at it!:D..goodluck!:D
  • Vaidyanatha
    Options
    Me too! Looking for friends as well!
  • daniellekristy3
    daniellekristy3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I lost 40 pounds eating healthy, exercising (primarily running) and using My Fitness Pal back in 2009. Unfortunately, some personal struggles lead to me regaining all of that weight (and then some) over the last year and half. Over the last few months things have finally been looking up and I feel ready to reclaim my health in the new year! I know I can do it - staying on track is the hardest part.

Good luck everyone!
  • sharontdando
    Options
    I'm from cold, wet, windy Guernsey in the Channel Islands. I am fed up with being the red faced sweaty one in photo's on a night out! I am a comfort eater. its day one for me today. No exercise but cut out the crap eating so far.
    Good Luck to everyone xx
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes last year. I joined MFP in April 2013 at 229 lbs. I have now made it to Onederland but it took about 8 months of hard work and dedication. I have another at least 30 lbs to lose and I know I can do it this year. Just make sure you have realistic expectations. The slow and steady way is much more sustainable in the long term. Weight loss isn't linear - there will be lots of fluctuations. But you can do it. We all can.

Reading this will also help get you started: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Sabrina_Alex
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Y'all are awesome! :)