IF I WERE A SCIENTIST

Options
Ok, we all have our weaknesses... So I had this strange thought last night while trying to go to sleep... I thought it would be fun to see what you all would make if you were a scientist. Something that would help you as an individual. No pill that would just eat fat either ;) or suppress your appetite. Lets get creative... :happy:

If I were a scientist, I would create a pill that after consuming 27 grams of sugar in a 24 hr period I would get violently ill. Kind of like the drug they make for people who suffer from alcoholism.

Next...

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.....It sounds like you want a pill to have diabetes.
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Teleporter. Totally.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Teleporter. Totally.

I second that!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Teleporter. Totally.
    I am a scientist, and I don't think it means what you think it means.

However, if I were in magic land, I'd completely make a teleporter too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

If I were a scientist, I would create a pill that after consuming 27 grams of sugar in a 24 hr period I would get violently ill. Kind of like the drug they make for people who suffer from alcoholism.

Next...

why?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ok, we all have our weaknesses... So I had this strange thought last night while trying to go to sleep... I thought it would be fun to see what you all would make if you were a scientist. Something that would help you as an individual. No pill that would just eat fat either ;) or suppress your appetite. Lets get creative... :happy:

Next...

That sounds horrible! Why would you do this to yourself? Just add a TBSP of bleach to your water if you want to get violently ill.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Teleporter. Totally.
    I am a scientist, and I don't think it means what you think it means.

However, if I were in magic land, I'd completely make a teleporter too.

Fun-sucker
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would create foods that look, taste, smell like all of the yummy things that most overweight people seem to crave, but have the nutritional and calorific value of nil. Of course I would make these foods ultra expensive so that people didn't live on these foods (and of course make my millions) but I would bet many people would at least want to try it :)

Or I would create a motivation pill. Upon taking said pill, all you want to do is go to the gm and work out and eat right! :P
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Next...

That sounds horrible! Why would you do this to yourself? Just add a TBSP of bleach to your water if you want to get violently ill.

I think you got it wrong, my weakness is sweets... And I find myself very successful staying under 27 grams of sugar a day. I am saying It would stop me from binging on sweets... lol
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A computer system into which I could download my brain, ala Max Headroom. That or a teleporter.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Teleporter. Totally.

Star Trek style holodeck.

I won't need to GO anywhere... Ever again...
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    A computer system into which I could download my brain, ala Max Headroom. That or a teleporter.

That's pretty good too - or a brain/head support jar...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Next...

A pill to treat eating disorders and food phobias. Perhaps a zero calorie sweetener. That's been done? Oh barnacles.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

Next...

A pill to treat eating disorders and food phobias. Perhaps a zero calorie sweetener. That's been done? Oh barnacles.

create one without chemicals though...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Next...

In that vein, I'd make a device that shocks the crap outta me every time I smile.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sonic Screwdriver

would be a close second to my

TARDIS

...just sayin'.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Accelerated healing nanobots.

I just want to recover like an 18 year old well into my 60s.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I had 27g of sugar by like 9am this morning... ****. that's an awful long time for me to be sick.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Accelerated healing nanobots.

I just want to recover like an 18 year old well into my 60s.

You win prize for best idea on the board. The prize is...a post on a message board from someone you don't know! Hurray!!!!!!!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good too - or a brain/head support jar...

Ohhh! Head in a jar - forgot about that!