label-jars-not-people.jpg
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is what's wrong with the world.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nothing like some entertainment for my afternoon. Thanks everyone!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I want to know because there's certain foods to eat and avoid and better exercises depending on body shapes apparently. Thanks in advance.

this is utter rubbish!
    I agree. There are no foods or exercises that will change the type of figure we have. The only thing we can do is eat at a calorie deficit to lose the body fat that seems to stay in certain areas the longest. Exercise is a plus because it helps us grow strong and lean, but we all still have those problem areas we need to work on, and some fatty parts are the last to go.

Just eat at a calorie deficit, start doing some serious lifting, and you will see results, thought your basic figure makeup will probably stay the same (in other words, once an hourglass, always an hourglass). I'm curvy as well and love it.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Your waist must be a minimum 10 inches smaller than your waist/bust and your waist/bust must be the same measurement to qualify as an hourglass.
    Dafuq did I just read?! :laugh: You wanna take another crack at that?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ruler. Not a big enough hip-waist-bust difference to be hourglass, waist too small for apple, hips-bust ratio too small for pear. Ergo: ruler. As are most women.

Now go forth and eat whatever you want. Within reason.

This.

There has to be a 9 or 10 inch difference between you bust/hips and waist to be considered an hourglass. Only like 8% of the population is an hourglass but post a topic and 80% say they are. Hourglass is not just having same or close bust/hip and a smaller waist.

Really, they are meaningless. What food you eat should not depend on your shape.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Remember, men only like girls with thigh gaps.
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I want to know because there's certain foods to eat and avoid and better exercises depending on body shapes apparently. Thanks in advance.

this is utter rubbish!

That's your opinion and wasn't the opinion that was asked for.

you are joking, arent you?

Get off troll.
  • sazroy
    Options

this is utter rubbish!
    I agree. There are no foods or exercises that will change the type of figure we have. The only thing we can do is eat at a calorie deficit to lose the body fat that seems to stay in certain areas the longest. Exercise is a plus because it helps us grow strong and lean, but we all still have those problem areas we need to work on, and some fatty parts are the last to go.

Just eat at a calorie deficit, start doing some serious lifting, and you will see results, thought your basic figure makeup will probably stay the same (in other words, once an hourglass, always an hourglass). I'm curvy as well and love it.

I'm not trying to change my figure but there are real recommendations on what to do to support a certain body type, not spot workouts but some people only need cardio and others may need less cardio more strength training. That's all I meant by it. I've already lost 21 kilos, I love my curves and want to lose weight in the best way to support my curvy figure.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

this is utter rubbish!

I'm not trying to change my figure but there are real recommendations on what to do to support a certain body type, not spot workouts but some people only need cardio and others may need less cardio more strength training. That's all I meant by it. I've already lost 21 kilos, I love my curves and want to lose weight in the best way to support my curvy figure.

"Real recommendations" from whom?
  • sazroy
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive replies. For those of you saying there has to be a 9in difference can you send me links? I read a uk statistics report and it said 7in or more. In all honesty I've always referred to myself as a peanut haha, not quite a rectangle or and apple and not quite an hour glass. My legs are far to thin to be pear (at least a whole dress size if not more smaller than my hips) and now reading about apples more my hips are definitely too big to be an apple. I'd post a full length photo if I has one :) just curious if anyone knew the required measurements to be any shape :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Ruler. Not a big enough hip-waist-bust difference to be hourglass, waist too small for apple, hips-bust ratio too small for pear. Ergo: ruler. As are most women.

Now go forth and eat whatever you want. Within reason.

This^^^

Although just going by looks (your pics) you look like an apple to me.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive replies. For those of you saying there has to be a 9in difference can you send me links? I read a uk statistics report and it said 7in or more. In all honesty I've always referred to myself as a peanut haha, not quite a rectangle or and apple and not quite an hour glass. My legs are far to thin to be pear (at least a whole dress size if not more smaller than my hips) and now reading about apples more my hips are definitely too big to be an apple. I'd post a full length photo if I has one :) just curious if anyone knew the required measurements to be any shape :)

You seem to be hung up on pigeonholing your body into a specific shape.

Statistically hourglass make up less than 10% of the female population, you body doesn't happen to be one of them, so what. Be happy with who you are and stop worrying about what label you can attach to your body.

ETA: however if you are bent on needing to know what mathematically defines an hourglass it is the .7 ratio. The closer you are to .7 the more you fit the 'perfect' hourglass shape.

here are some articles,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1306012/Beauty-summed-To-tell-womans-really-attractive-figures.html

http://fitwithmelissa.blogspot.com/2012/10/for-women-achieving-gorgeous-hourglass.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

this is utter rubbish!

Get off troll.
    There are not certain foods to avoid depending on your shape. I also don't think you know what troll means.
  • sazroy
    Options

this is utter rubbish!

Get off troll.
    There are not certain foods to avoid depending on your shape. I also don't think you know what troll means.

Trolls are people who are just looking to stir trouble. I wasn't asking for the opinion on foods or exercises. So therefore people need to bite their tongue. I meant it as in some girls can eat carbs and do zero exercise and gain no weight, whereas other girls eat carbs and walk daily and still balloon. Some people say where you are genetically predisposed to carry weight can contribute to how you process certain foods. But this is besides the point because that wasn't the question at hand.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Trolls are people who are just looking to stir trouble. I wasn't asking for the opinion on foods or exercises. So therefore people need to bite their tongue. I meant it as in some girls can eat carbs and do zero exercise and gain no weight, whereas other girls eat carbs and walk daily and still balloon. Some people say where you are genetically predisposed to carry weight can contribute to how you process certain foods. But this is besides the point because that wasn't the question at hand.

False.
  • sazroy
    Options

Statistically hourglass make up less than 10% of the female population, you body doesn't happen to be one of them, so what. Be happy with who you are and stop worrying about what label you can attach to your body.

ETA: however if you are bent on needing to know what mathematically defines an hourglass it is the .7 ratio. The closer you are to .7 the more you fit the 'perfect' hourglass shape.

here are some articles,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1306012/Beauty-summed-To-tell-womans-really-attractive-figures.html

http://fitwithmelissa.blogspot.com/2012/10/for-women-achieving-gorgeous-hourglass.html

Thank you for the links :) no I'm not hung up on my shape at all, I don't really care, I mean I'm not gonna cry if I'm a rectangle or an apple and I won't pine after being an hourglass, I am so incredibly happy with my body and the way I look, I'm still not my smallest size but that doesn't affect me :) I only wish more women (and men) could love the body they have been given. This whole thread was out of curiosity not out of need or want. From all these links and diagrams I've been sent it looks like I've been measuring my waist wrong anyway, so who even knows haha
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You haven't been "given" a body, you build it yourself. And you're not an apple or an hourglass, you're a work-in-progress. Everyone is. If you want other people to appreciate the body you have, learn to appreciate it yourself. Pamper it. Dress it properly, to show off its best features. It's your body, make the most of it. And if there's something you don't like about it, change it. :drinker:
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options

here are some articles,

Thank you for the links :) no I'm not hung up on my shape at all, I don't really care, I mean I'm not gonna cry if I'm a rectangle or an apple and I won't pine after being an hourglass, I am so incredibly happy with my body and the way I look, I'm still not my smallest size but that doesn't affect me :) I only wish more women (and men) could love the body they have been given. This whole thread was out of curiosity not out of need or want. From all these links and diagrams I've been sent it looks like I've been measuring my waist wrong anyway, so who even knows haha

I'm glad you feel that way. You are a lovely girl, hourglass, pinecone, or kumquat <----not a real shape I'm sure lol