Working towards-Fit, Fine and Forty! Can anyone relate?

Options
So here goes something! Being a busy Mom of two active boys, I feel like I am always putting myself last! I am about 22 lbs. from my goal and I recently joined a gym for women only. I am loving it! The environment is positive, encouraging and there is such a lack of pretension! It gets me excited to go there. That's half the battle. The other battle is simply what I eat. We are always on the run, and it seems like healthy eating is always so hard to do. I am working toward that and hope to meet my goal by the end of January. My 40th is coming up and I just want to be more fit than I have been in a very long time. Anyone else out there who can feel me?? :smile:

Replies

• rmeadows71
    Options
    I definitely can relate to everything in your post...This is a great place for accountability and motiviation!! Feel free to friend request me if you wish. Good luck with your weight loss
  • sp33
    sp33 Posts: 10
    Options
    I can relate to the fit, fine and forty. I turned 40 in Feb. and would like to live out my forties fabulous! of course i want that for my 50's, 60's and beyond as well! I just started today and am really excited. I love knowing what's going in my body. Stay focused and have fun!
  • Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'll be 38 next month and have four children. I watch a baby during the day, so I'm limited to some degree on my exercise options. Because of that, and hubby's work schedule, finding a time for exercise has been difficult for me. We are also on the go often with after school activities and normal household errands, so yes, healthy eating is a challenge in this house.

I want to be in the best shape of my life by 40, and I've got just over two years to do that. I'm hoping to lose about 30 pounds by June, and then want to focus on improving tone and cardiovascular health. I'm tired of putting it off and am motivated to get the ball rolling! I've sacrificed a lot for the sake of my family, and I am excited to do something for myself!

:happy:
  • bedazzledmom
    Options
    I am turning 40 on Jan 27,2011 and want to feel better for myself. I am trying to lose 20lbs before then but still will have another 30-40lbs after that. I have 3 girls and work full time. I know exactly how you feel! MFP has helped me so much! Stay Strong, You CAN do it!!! :happy:
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in MAY. Work full time, single parent.

Sounds like a lot of us are around the same age and in the same boat.

At least we all keep good company. :smooched:
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in MAY. Work full time, single parent.

Sounds like a lot of us are around the same age and in the same boat.

At least we all keep good company. :smooched:

September of next year is my 40th! Yes, it is nice to see others in the same boat. I workout at 9:00pm..LOL that seems to be the ONLY time I can have some ME time. It works for me....my son and I walk to school most days too, so that helps...every little bit helps!

:bigsmile:
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 this Saturday. Mother of 2 active boys and work 2 part time jobs (one in the food industry). MFP has been wonderful because I can track my calories! Even if I'm having an "on-the-go" day and eat fast food I can still keep an eye on the calorie and fat intake and for that- I'm extremely grateful.