Morrisons salad bar.... how to count calories?..

Options
Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to all this and have a question re salad bars and how to accuratley add calories to food diary.

I usually have a medium salad from Morrisons and in this I have:

1 onion bahji
1 falafel
2 boiled eggs
leaf salad
grated carrot
eqv to 1 tbs of spicy chicken pasta
eqv to 1 tbs of mediteranean cous cous.

How on earth do I find out the total calories for this?

I asked at the counter re calorific values but they said they didn't have any notes.

Thanks in advance

Angel

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    enter each items in individually as best you can. Are you really just having 1 Tbsp of pasta and 1 Tbsp of couscous?
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Some branches of Morrisons give the calorie counts on the labels for each food now -- maybe your branch will add the info soon?

Otherwise, approximate with similar entries from MFP's database. It won't be perfect, but it'll be better than nothing.
  • angel1776
    angel1776 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honestly... yes. I always put the two eggs, falafel and onion bhaji in at each end, then mixed leaf salad and grated carrot... also usually 2 cherry tomatoes in the middle. There is not much room left for anything else, so I reckon \i am accurate at only being able to squeeze about a tablespoonful each of pasta and couscous on top.

I am going to stop the falafel and bhaji though as these will prob be high in calories etc.

I did ask for nutrional info on these items on salad bar, but they say they don't have them.

Thanks anyway
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sorry to revive an old thread but -

Each item is in the MFP database. Just add them individually. I know they're on the database because I added most of them myself. Any that aren't in there, you can find the nutrition on the Morrisons website and add them in yourself. :)
  • angel1776
    angel1776 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website tip! Didn't think of that! It's the mayonaise or dressings they put on various things that got me stumped. Ta x