My 2013 results..

Options
Thought I would share my story since I've done this for a year. This was me 1 year ago. My kindergartener came home from school and told me her friends had said she had the fat mommy...Now, I knew I was overweight..I knew I hated to look in the mirror, and I hate clothes shopping, and I hated being uncomfortable in my own body, but to see my daughter suffering because of me...well, that was a huge wake up call for me. Started out in a size 26 jean.

The local gym was doing a 3-month Biggest Loser competition starting Jan 1. I joined. This is me that first day.

DSCN0494_zpsea481505.jpg

I worked hard, exercising most days, eating healthier, and making over all changes to my lifestyle. By the end of the challenge, I had lost 43 lbs and placed 3rd in the competition!

Going back just a little...
We had family pictures done in October 2012..I was so ashamed of myself I didn't share them with anyone if they had me in them.

meoct_zpseb49f80a.jpg

In July, I hit a plateau and couldn't lose or gain no matter what...Well, I ended up figuring out a way to break it.
I've lost 76 lbs the past year. These are our new family pictures...that were given out as Christmas presents to family--with me in them :)

fam13_zpsd4c0b369.jpg

I still have a ways to go to reach my goal, but I'm really proud of what I've accomplished so far. I'm now able to play with the kids, had my kindergartener cry when she figured out she could fit her arms around my waist when she hugs me, and am able to look at myself in the mirror for the first time in years. I'm now in a size 18 jean :)

th_face3_zpsbc8e3858.jpg

th_face2_zpsc42ebcc1.jpg

th_face_zps69f4ec49.jpg

th_progress_zps7e500ebb.jpg

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    You've had a GREAT year Kayla!

I'm very proud of you!

And I'm SUPER glad to have met you on MFP!

Before I met you, I was happily losing weight on MFP without ANY exercise at all.

Then you started to talk about Lent and how you were giving up chocolate... And I decided to give up "being a slug" in solidarity with you and took up running.

I'm still freaking running... My life now seems to revolve around running... All of my "fun money" goes to various charities in the form of race entry fees now... All of my clothes are dri-fit and have "sponsors" logos on them... I feel like a Nascar car... :laugh:

I'm not sure if I credit you or blame you. :tongue:

But thank you! My life has been changed for the better because we connected on MFP!

I look forward to watching you meet the rest of your goals in 2014! :drinker:
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job! Huge difference!!
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you.....great accomplishment! I look forward to seeing your next-year pictures!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it in the Xmas card this year! Looking great!!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your results thus far, you've really made remarkable progress in a year! You're a great inspiration!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great work!! :):)
    You'll be down those next 69lbs before you know it! Well Done!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....

JUDD....Well...I'm glad I got you out of being a slug...and you can blame me 100% :tongue:
    Hopefully by this spring, I'll be telling you about my first 5k :D
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!