Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• EarlyEarlyR
    Options
    Me too... you can add me. I will be 45 in jan..no kids
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I always get the "But you'd make such a great mom" speech. I usually respond with, "I also think I'd make a great prostitute but I don't plan on trying that either."

I love this response!!! It's not one that came to mind, but I am totally using it from here on out.

Brilliant! :flowerforyou:

This is a great come back. Love it!! I am more than 40 and not only do not have kids but I have never wanted them. I am the oldest of 8 and I have changed more diapers and baby-sat more than many mothers. YUCK!! Must say it turned me off them.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    childfree-poster.jpg
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it is "rare".....I am single with no children and in my 40s. :)
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    41 and no kids - by circumstances not choice. But proud aunt of 10 nieces and nephews who I love spoiling when ever I travel back to that side of the world. Would love more friends in this category.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 45 without kids. I am married but that didnt happen until 41. i am happy as a lark as a spiritual mama to nieces and nephews. Didnt have to get stretched marks and give birth to be a mama.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    37 here but feel free to add me. I am permanently childfree by choice!
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    childfree-poster.jpg

:laugh:

I'm 50 and we're childless by choice. Agree with others that say it's really not SO rare! :smile:
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    39 with no kids (my choice). Living life to the fullest and looking for inspiration from fellow MFP members. Feel free to add me!
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love that "Motivational poster"!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    childfree-poster.jpg

Love this :heart:
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    41 and kid free! :)
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Me too. Never had that desire to have kids. I'm 47.
    If you are reading this, please free to add me as a friend
    (that includes anyone on this thread!).
  • TeishaMitchell
    TeishaMitchell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and me and my husband have no kids. I married my high school sweetheart and tried to get pregnant since I was 23. I got diagnosed with unexplained fertility. Then my husband got cancer and the chemotherapy made him not able to have children. So we are that couple with no kids. I get sad sometimes. But I help with my nieces and nephews and love being a good aunt!!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    39 next month, married for almost 14 years and child free. Definitely not common as a military spouse but it's nice to see so many of us on MFP!
  • Eketahunachick
    Options
    I'm 40 in 6 months and have no kids .Been married for coming up 10 years .
  • kyyi0214
    Options
    I'll be 41 in about 6 weeks married 10 years and no kids. This is a great idea for a message board
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and trying to get back my 30's, no kids, work and love hanging out with my hubby of almost 18 years. Feel free to add me, I have about 15 pounds to go and want to do a 1/2 marathon in 2014.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    42 and no kids. Love my life!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    40. What are kids?