Workout Bottoms...

Options
I have a huge butt. I have some workout pants but I need some that fit better. I have to wear capris because I'm short too and if I get pants they are always too long and I don't want to sew them. I would like to have some, that don't gap out at the waist, won't slide down when I'm running or doing squats. I would like them to be thick enough that when I'm bent over you can't see the crack of my *kitten* or the color of my underwear, but I don't want them to be too hot like sweat pants. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs of these. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/legendary-slim-training-capris/pid-723828/pgid-1488836

They are not cheap, but they are amazing!
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The Fila brand workout pants you can get from Kohl's are cheap and have pretty thick material, actually come up higher on your waist (help the butt crack issue) and come in mostly dark, non see through colors. They are what I wear. I honestly like them better than my Nike ones.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Walmart has spandex/lycra-ish ones that are capri length or regular length. I think they're $11. No bunching, no gapping, a lot of flexibility :smile:
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    So disappointed by this thread... lol
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of these and I really like them. They are my favorites to run in.
    http://www.lucy.com/Vital-Capri/111426,default,pd.html?cgid=Bottoms_Crops

They are super comfy too.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty big booty too, so I feel you. Mine's a stick out one you could balance a glass on. My favorites are still the Victoria's Secret yoga pants. They come up high enough where I don't have to worry about them showing any undies, but are super stretchy and comfortable. They don't wick sweat as much, but they're thin enough that they don't ever feel too hot. I go in between the crop pant and legging (which come in different lengths, so that's nice) and the sizes seem to last me between 2 jean sizes. If you watch out for sales, you can get them for around $20 each with free shipping. I also like to keep an eye out for anything Champion (pants, bras, or shirts) when they go on clearance on Target. Those pants are AWESOME and much nicer than the VS ones. I wait for a good sale or clearance for them since I'm a bit tight on money, but they are worth it. I think Target is a good place to browse a bit. They have a surprisingly good selection.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So disappointed by this thread... lol

THIS
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I second Lucy and personally, Lululemon are my favorite. They come in sizes, 2, 4 6, 8, etc. so I find they fit better. They aren't cheap though so be prepared to drop some cash if you go to either of those stores. I like the Wunder Unders from Lulu. I have a friend that also swears by NIke ones.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Best luck I've had is the Champion ones at Target, Gap Body ones, and some Old Navy ones.

Try em on and jump around a bit tho.
    I wish I had for my Under Armour cold gear pants. I spend the first half mile of my runs pulling them up til I warm up and they stop sliding down
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The Fila brand workout pants you can get from Kohl's are cheap and have pretty thick material, actually come up higher on your waist (help the butt crack issue) and come in mostly dark, non see through colors. They are what I wear. I honestly like them better than my Nike ones.

I've had to Fila and I do like them, but those were what I was wearing when my workout partner informed me that she could see my *kitten* and color of panties through the pants. I had NO idea. I got some Under Armour but they have a gap at the waist and I end up pulling them up mostly. They are also so low cut that I have to go commando in them.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I've had to Fila and I do like them, but those were what I was wearing when my workout partner informed me that she could see my *kitten* and color of panties through the pants. I had NO idea. I got some Under Armour but they have a gap at the waist and I end up pulling them up mostly. They are also so low cut that I have to go commando in them.
    You could always buy *kitten*-colored panties. ;)

I have had the same problem with Fila and Champion. That's why I spent the bucks on Nike. The good news it that they last forever. I've had them for 3 years and they haven't stretched out, lost shaped or started pilling anywhere. Plus they stay up. I also have VS yoga pants and love them! But not for running. I wear those when I lift or do yoga.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I picked up some yoga pants from Old Navy, I was impressed! They fit well, were thick (it's cold right now!), and totally affordable!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hmm... was totally expecting this to be about something else.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue - I do well with yoga pants that have the fold-over waistband because you can control how far down (or now NOT far down) you fold it. Most of mine come from Marshalls/TJMaxx. Good luck!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Walmart has spandex/lycra-ish ones that are capri length or regular length. I think they're $11. No bunching, no gapping, a lot of flexibility :smile:

Danskin performance leggings (full length) or performance capri - awesome. I love them cuz they make me look hot.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    90 degrees by reflex. Their workout leggings are amazing, their capris are as well. I have a HUGE butt and they're the only ones I've found that aren't see through. They can be fairly high on the waist but they are super comfy and easy to move in. You can buy them online but I found them for MUCH less at Tj Maxx. Good luck :)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options

That's what I wear. They are by Danskin, and I wear the Performance Capri ones. I really love them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

You could always buy *kitten*-colored panties. ;)

I have had the same problem with Fila and Champion. That's why I spent the bucks on Nike. The good news it that they last forever. I've had them for 3 years and they haven't stretched out, lost shaped or started pilling anywhere. Plus they stay up. I also have VS yoga pants and love them! But not for running. I wear those when I lift or do yoga.

OR I guess I could just work on getting my *kitten* smaller then I might not have this problem LOL
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Any reason you don't want to wear shorts? I wear running shorts for almost everything but also have some basketball-style shorts that I like to wear from time-to-time. They're loose on the legs/butt but have a fitted waist so nothing droops.