My 35 Pound Loss from awhile ago. :)

Options
I have lost 35 pounds but I never posted a success story because I was never at my goal weight. Well, I'm still not at my goal weight, but I going to post anyway because I'm proud of myself. :) This is to reflect on the progress I've made and to keep in mind the further progress I want to make.

I went to New York in the Spring of 2011 and had an amazing time. Until I saw the pictures from the trip. I couldn't believe how much I had let myself go. I was a greasy, fat, slob. At 5'8" and 190 pounds I was almost obese. I was depressed from it, but it wasn't enough to make me lose weight.

Then in May I performed in this stupid, stupid play which I hated. I thought I was finally done with it but then my mom bought pictures of me from it. You can see how much I hated it in the picture.

I finally looked in the mirror and realized I needed to change my habits. Before I never even imagined myself getting overweight, but I was almost obese. I didn't want to live my life like this anymore. I needed to change.

So I started going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I didn't do strength training, I mainly just ran on the treadmill, did the elliptical, and did zumba, but I enjoyed it and after every gym session I felt better about myself. In the fall I joined the tennis team.

I used to eat huge portions of food and a lot of junk food, so I limited my portions and started eating better foods, but I didn't restrict anything. It was hard at first since I struggle with portion control, but eventually I got used to it and felt better since I wasn't stuffing my face all the time. I didn't count calories or track my macros because I didn't know about MFP then.

By the end of 2011 I got down to 155 pounds. I was a lot happier with myself, but I still had a high body fat percentage. Then I gained some more and lost some more and gained some more.

Here are some before and during pics. I wish I had taken "good" full body pics, but I think these still show a big difference. I deleted most of the pictures taken of me at my highest weight because they just made me depressed and thought if I couldn't see them then I wasn't really actually that big. Super silly, I know. I was in denial for a while.

Before:

28j8sk7.png

icv3ar.jpg

qrfac2.jpg

^you can see I'm sucking in my stomach and trying to twist around to hide everything, but it didn't work very well.

25iw19s.jpg
^Here is the picture form the play. I know, I know, I look freaky. :laugh:

x0we4n.jpg
^I wore this loose black dress to slim my body (especially my stomach) and well it did help, you can still see my stomach and the fat on my face.

During:

15mfi4y.jpg

348mttw.jpg

^my face has gotten a lot smaller!

In clothes:

2i1h5s2.png

Here is a swimsuit pic. Eek! I still have a lot of work to do. This was taken in early November when I weighed 157. I have gained some back since then.

2n8562t.jpg

I am now 5'8" (no I didn't grow another inch sadly) and about 162 pounds. I still have around 20 pounds to go and lots of other goals too like starting a strength training program and becoming stronger since I'm pretty weak. This is the year I will reach my goal weight and finally be happy and confident with my body! :flowerforyou:

I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals for 2014! Let's make this a great year! We can do it! :smile:

Replies

• carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic x
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! You look amazing! Congrats on your success :)

Thank you for posting - very inspirational.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    GIRL ! You're beautiful both big AND small !
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    GIRL ! You're beautiful both big AND small !

Aww thank you!!! :smile: :heart: I didn't feel beautiful at my highest weight though.
  • sfadler
    sfadler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job and you look great keep up the good work.
    You sound a lot like me, except I'm starting my journey again. I find its hard to stay motivated so I surf the community blogs for motivation.
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Wow…fabulous!
  • chelseac1014
    chelseac1014 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great! We are actually kind of similar . I'm 5'7 and started off at 192, I've lost 30ish pounds and I'm now around 162
  • feliperss
    feliperss Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are like twins, my highest weight (reached it twice) was 199, and right now I'm about 160 :-).5'8" too!
    Way to go on the progress!
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look great, sweetie! I'm super happy for you.
  • CaseyIsTooFat
    CaseyIsTooFat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you are looking fabulous the difference is deff noticable! Kepp up the great work I'm sure itll be your year!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT!!!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Terrific transformation and all the while, a happy camper, now just a healthier happy camper!
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I appreciate all the comments! :smile: :heart:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    say-what.gif

You look great. Wow. :flowerforyou:
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    say-what.gif

You look great. Wow. :flowerforyou:

Thanks! :smile:
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're the cutest! You're doing great, thanks for posting and inspiring.
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job and you look great keep up the good work.
    You sound a lot like me, except I'm starting my journey again. I find its hard to stay motivated so I surf the community blogs for motivation.

Thank you!! I've started my journey many times. For the past two years, I've been in this cycle of -/+ 10 pounds and I'm sick of it. I agree it is hard to stay motivated. I find that my motivation comes and goes. However, being consistent with your diet/workouts is more important than staying motivated. So while you might not always be motivated, just keep sticking to your diet/exercise plan. When you start seeing results, you most likely will be motivated from that! Good luck! :smile:
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    love it! thank you for sharing. congrats!!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress OP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!