Aldi

Options
13»

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have never had problems with their produce!

Our milk is $0.99 per gallon :tongue: :bigsmile:

Dude! What's milk at the grocery? It's about $2.50-2.75 here (Nashville)

I've never had problem with their produce either, but I look over it really good. A lot of times many of the strawberry containers etc will be moldy already, but I just get the really fresh ones and freeze right away what I can't use in 3 days. Other shipments everything looks great!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love our Aldi. I have to drive to Fort Worth right now but the Aldi in my city will be finished very soon! So excited! I have had some sketchy produce there before too. Hopefully this new store will be awesome.

Oh and our milk is $.78 / gallon right now. :love:
  • ravenla
    ravenla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow. um... i have never heard of the store aldi?? where do yall live?
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I work for a company that supplies the Aldi's in the five state area. WOOOT WOOOT!

I'm in Minnesota. ;)
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I love our Aldi. I have to drive to Fort Worth right now but the Aldi in my city will be finished very soon! So excited! I have had some sketchy produce there before too. Hopefully this new store will be awesome.

Anyone heard of mad cows diesase or BSE?

BSE= Milk $0.78 a gallon
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I shop there all the time! They have very lean ground turkey for $2.50 out here in Minnesota. The veggies rock that I get there! I do prefer to buy a few things at the Trader Joe's (soy milk) or Whole Foods (soy yoghurt).

I always recommend people to go there!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    I heard that alot of Aldi produce is the stuff that the UN and NATO couldnt get rid of?

:laugh: :laugh: Well I'm not sure about ALL Aldi's but I can guarantee this isn't the case if your in Minnesota or Wisconsin ;)
  • Moorbs
    Options
    I heard that alot of Aldi produce is the stuff that the UN and NATO couldnt get rid of?

:laugh: :laugh: Well I'm not sure about ALL Aldi's but I can guarantee this isn't the case if your in Minnesota or Wisconsin ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me I thought it was just rumour.

I am still worried though about them apparently Waterboarding difficult customers. Can you shed any light on that?
  • mrsewert
    Options

I am still worried though about them apparently Waterboarding difficult customers. Can you shed any light on that?

I can't help you with that. :wink:
  • grandsolike
    grandsolike Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Aldi, sooo much cheaper than the other major supermarkets near us and the food is always great quality. Every time we go there they seem to have added more to their range as well which is great. I don't usually buy fruit and veg there (prefer to support my local grocer) but any time I have it's always been top notch, as is the meat.

The majority of the time I use cloth nappies on my 10month old daughter but I use disposables at night and the Aldi ones are awesome, just as good, if not better than some of the more well known brands but much, much cheaper. In fact, now that I think of it, loads of people I know with babies use their nappies.

The downside to Aldi is their delicious german chocolate products, way too tempting!!!
  • DawnOf1969
    Options

BSE= Milk $0.78 a gallon
    We're not here to debate milk, but to discuss Aldi. :drinker:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I dont drink wine but Ive had alot of people say the wine there is better then other places and its ten times cheaper. O and I want milk for freaking 78 cents a gallon!!! Its like 2.50 here but our ground turkey is 1.50
  • CudyBug
    Options

BSE= Milk $0.78 a gallon

OOOO so thats why my kids are acting so insane anymore. Its gotta be all that mad cow disease they drink
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    I dont drink wine but Ive had alot of people say the wine there is better then other places and its ten times cheaper. O and I want milk for freaking 78 cents a gallon!!! Its like 2.50 here but our ground turkey is 1.50
    Not at ALdi, but our ground turkey, the 93/7 runs around $2/pounds for Honeysuckle White brand.

I grew up on cheap milk and I turned out perfectly fine. My kids grew up on it and they are brilliant, successful young adults. Not worried about $.78 milk.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    Not at ALdi, but our ground turkey, the 93/7 runs around $2/pounds for Honeysuckle White brand.

I grew up on cheap milk and I turned out perfectly fine. My kids grew up on it and they are brilliant, successful young adults. Not worried about $.78 milk.

My mom always got milk at aldi's, its still only like 10 cents cheaper then walmart though. I get wic so I guess I cant complain about milk prices. lol Just saying that 78 cents is freaking awsome for milk