Yummy low cal???

Options
thewallflower1428
thewallflower1428 Posts: 25 Member
Hey guys, can anybody suggest some really tasty low cal snacks/ meals that I can make in bulk? I'd really appreciate it:)

Replies

• pheona76
    Options
    Soup:

Add a couple cans of low sodium veggie broth and a couple cans of diced tomatoes. Then load up all the veggies you love. I like spinach, fennel, carrots, parsley, celery, mushrooms, onions... Keep the spices simple. I add bay leaves maybe a little garlic. Portion and freeze. Then when you pull it out of the freezer you can mic it and use it as a base for whatever you like. Add chicken, chicken sausage (I like Aidell's), shrimp, maybe brown rice or quinoa whatever. You can add spices to make it whatever you want. Maybe basil and oregano. Maybe creole. Maybe thyme. If you keep it veggie you can eat as much as you want pretty much.

Quinoa. I make mine with chicken broth instead of water. Others use almond milk or coconut milk. Once again portion and freeze. mic it when you want it. Add stir fried veggies or chicken. Add it to a salad. just add some onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes and enjoy. You can also make it a sweet snack if you made it with coconut water or almond milk.

Salad. Keep on hand in the crisper a leafy green base and a bunch of add ins. There are a lot of easy no need to chop salads available. Baby spinach. pre-chopped bags of mixed greens. pre-chopped carrots or broccoli. Sprouts. Beans sprouts. cherry tomatoes.

Chickpeas. These also freeze well. I cook mine up with a general indian seasoning packet. Because I love indian. But you could make them mediterranean pretty easy as well. Same as all the others throw whatever add in you have in the fridge or just mic and enjoy.

Make your own granola. It is pretty easy to toast on a pan in the oven. I love to make an espresso version with banana chips and hazelnuts. Dissolve 4 teaspoons instant espresso in 3 tablespoons water. Combine espresso mixture, 1/4 cup butter, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and melt together in microwave. When the espresso mixture is well combined mix in 1 cup hazelnuts and 3 cups oats and mix. Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and toast in oven at 300F for about 30 minutes. Stir mixture every 10 min. Once the mixture has cooled add 1 cup banana chips.

hope these help.
  • thewallflower1428
    thewallflower1428 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    They really did(: Thank you so much!